Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   ? about job applications (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/34873-about-job-applications.html)

bigpapa7272 08-03-2008 06:34 PM

? about job applications

When is a good time to start applying to trucking companies while im in school?? I will graduate in 9 weeks, in early october. Should I start now or wait a week or 2?

zipy46 08-03-2008 07:11 PM

Re: ? about job applications

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigpapa7272
When is a good time to start applying to trucking companies while im in school?? I will graduate in 9 weeks, in early october. Should I start now or wait a week or 2?

Thats like asking when is a good time to step into a black hole :roll:

MartenDrvrCA 08-03-2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

I wouldnt apply so early,maybe 2 or 3 weeks prior should suffice.You're applying to a trucking company,not an ivy league school.On a side note,I hope all goes well with school and you get a reputable company. BOL! :)

bigpapa7272 08-03-2008 07:53 PM

i was thinking about halfway through school.

Hey martendrvrca does marten hire students?

Anyone heard of CT transportation?? They have a poster up in our classroom and they advertise southeast regional jobs for students.

Double R 08-03-2008 07:58 PM

Seeing that your from Baltimore, why not try COWAN.

bigpapa7272 08-03-2008 08:02 PM

i had not really thought about them i know they do a lot of solo cup runs in owings mills.

do they hire students??

anyone have any thoughts on dm bowman?

Double R 08-03-2008 08:13 PM

Quote:

i had not really thought about them i know they do a lot of solo cup runs in owings mills.

do they hire students??

anyone have any thoughts on dm bowman?

If you are trying to get on with Bowman, see if they have any openings at the TSC(Tractor Supply Company) warehouse in Hagerstown. All store delivers.

As for Cowan, never heard anything bad about them(that's a good thing).

MartenDrvrCA 08-03-2008 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartenDrvrCA
Quote:

I wouldnt apply so early,maybe 2 or 3 weeks prior should suffice.You're applying to a trucking company,not an ivy league school.On a side note,I hope all goes well with school and you get a reputable company. BOL! :)

Yea,marten does hire students.

married to the road 08-09-2008 10:40 PM

Quote:

i was thinking about halfway through school.

Hey martendrvrca does marten hire students?

Anyone heard of CT transportation?? They have a poster up in our classroom and they advertise southeast regional jobs for students.

Are you talking about Coastal Transport? If so, they are a flatbed company that runs from Baltimore down to Florida, get you home weekends and have a decent pay scale. I have not ever drove for them, but I have talked to a recruiter and a few of their drivers, which all seemed happy. Not the greatest company, but not a bad place to start and no north east.

bigpapa7272 08-09-2008 11:31 PM

yeah thats who im talking about that's what their poster says at school. I was thinking about them.

werner is coming tuesday I don't know if I should apply with them or not