Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   CB radio (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/34450-cb-radio.html)

bigpapa7272 08-03-2008 08:01 PM

check ebay I got an aries swr meter with antenna matcher for 20 bucks!

also check out sparkys cb shack good prices and they peak and tune all radios before being shipped

Daytripper 03-24-2009 04:39 PM

2 meter VHF?

Are there many licensed operators (hams) using 2 meter radios in their trucks (in addition to their CB?)

Tom

belpre122 03-24-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daytripper (Post 443730)
Are there many licensed operators (hams) using 2 meter radios in their trucks (in addition to their CB?)

Tom

Tom every now and then I will catch someone on 146.52 simplex rolling around Indianapolis. Late night I sometimes will jump in and chat with some other local drivers on an Indy repeater. Mostly FedEx, Estes and some OTR regulars that jump in when crossing central Indiana. Gary/WT8P

Kevin0915 03-25-2009 03:27 AM

i know, totally off subject, but i was making a drop in Cedar Falls, Iowa, and as i was waiting to get unloaded, two drivers pulling containers rolled in, in what looked like old CRST trucks. I saw the lead driver pull in first, and then jump on his radio. i didnt hear anything on 19...so i started to search up. they were on 35, and the lead driver was obviously from Bosnia. And man, did he not have any patience with the driver who must have been part of his 'team'. All the yelling and cussing he did. I then went inside to get my BOL from the desk, and about ready to leave, and he starts in again. I wait for a lull in his rant, and i jump on saying, "...i would EVER let anybody talk like that to me, and if he DID, he'd get his ***** whooped."

Scottt 03-25-2009 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin0915 (Post 443775)
i know, totally off subject, but i was making a drop in Cedar Falls, Iowa, and as i was waiting to get unloaded, two drivers pulling containers rolled in, in what looked like old CRST trucks. I saw the lead driver pull in first, and then jump on his radio. i didnt hear anything on 19...so i started to search up. they were on 35, and the lead driver was obviously from Bosnia. And man, did he not have any patience with the driver who must have been part of his 'team'. All the yelling and cussing he did. I then went inside to get my BOL from the desk, and about ready to leave, and he starts in again. I wait for a lull in his rant, and i jump on saying, "...i would EVER let anybody talk like that to me, and if he DID, he'd get his ***** whooped."

Did their trucks say CoCo Transportation on them?? If so they are a bunch of idiots. They follow us around and haul for nothing.

belpre122 03-25-2009 06:48 AM

Even further off topic. I haven't been around much so I haven't been able to follow what you decided to do about the lease purchase Kevin????

heavyhaulerss 03-27-2009 04:14 AM

www.cbradiotalk is the place to go foe all c.b related info. the most informative board on cb's.

heavyhaulerss 03-27-2009 04:16 AM

--- .com

--grande-- 03-27-2009 06:45 PM

I run me an old Galaxy99dx :thumbsup: I had "Irishman" work on it when I went back to driving. He is in Yuma Az, during the season he sits out in the Mann Packing truck lot on Gila Ridge Rd. I took him my Galaxy and he showed me it did not work, he talked to me about it :thumbsup: He fixed it for 30 bucks :thumbsup: Some of these guys just snatch the radio out of your hand tell you its going to be 50 bucks walks into the back and comes back in a few min. Lord only knows what they did to your radio. He does all the work right there in front of you, takes the time to inform you about your radio. Answers any odd ball questions you have, just an all around nice guy IMO.

Just figured I would give him props :lol: He is good at what he does, and his customer service is great. I asked him were the Sonic was in Yuma, he offered to have his wife drive me over there :thumbsup: