Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers
You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   how many wheels does an 18 wheeler have? I'm confused, man. (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/34281-how-many-wheels-does-18-wheeler-have-im-confused-man.html)

dewercs2 06-17-2008 06:37 AM

Where's the valve stem for the 5th wheel? Figure need to check it for pre and post trip inspections. Don't forget to thump that wheel also!

BigDiesel 06-17-2008 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by BigWheels:

Originally Posted by Chasing Daylight:

Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer:
So what if you are carring a load of Hot Wheels toy cars? :?

Are they super secret hazmat hot wheels cars? And are they in packaging, or just loose in there, thus causing problems when DOT opens the trailer doors?

And what if there's also a load of super secret hazmat ping-pong balls mixed in with the super secret hot wheels cars as well? :shock:

Oh for petes sake !!!!!

You drive directly into a lake, resovoir, river, ocean, gulf of alaska.... :roll:

Twilight Flyer 06-17-2008 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by :
Oh for petes sake !!!!!

You drive directly into a lake, resovoir, river, ocean, gulf of alaska....

Yeah, I thought that was common knowledge for everyone?

Man, some of these newbies just don't get it, do they?

:P

ct77 06-18-2008 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner:

Originally Posted by Fredog:
what's a tralier?

Maybe he forgot the rule: I before L except after M. :P

nah thats the way its spelled in French

BigWheels 06-18-2008 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Fredog:
what's a tralier?

Silly Goose! It's...you know...a tralier! :lol:

Chasing Daylight 06-18-2008 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by :
Oh for petes sake !!!!!

Believe me I understand the super secret hazmat rules. Regardless, if you are hauling super secret hazmat hot wheels cars, or sinking them in a lake, they are still super secret, so you can't count those wheels in your total number.

BigWheels 06-18-2008 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Daylight:

Originally Posted by :
Oh for petes sake !!!!!

Believe me I understand the super secret hazmat rules. Regardless, if you are hauling super secret hazmat hot wheels cars, or sinking them in a lake, they are still super secret, so you can't count those wheels in your total number.

Good gravy! Google "super secret hazmat" and you get 169,000 entries! :shock: Wonder how many wheels are secretly embedded in those entries? :shock: :lol:

JeffTheTerrible 06-18-2008 02:19 AM

I've never hauled Hot Wheels cars. But do golf carts count? They have toxic batteries, and geriatric old farts drive them, so that should be enough for them to be considered hazardous, should it not?

If it's not enough for super secret hazmat status, could I at least have slightly secret hazmat?

BigWheels 06-18-2008 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by JeffTheTerrible:
I've never hauled Hot Wheels cars. But do golf carts count? They have toxic batteries, and geriatric old farts drive them, so that should be enough for them to be considered hazardous, should it not?

If it's not enough for super secret hazmat status, could I at least have slightly secret hazmat?

Granted -- but only if you count the wheels! :lol:

JeffTheTerrible 06-18-2008 03:03 AM

I'm worried that I've already disqualified myself, though - I was transporting them on a rollback. Oh, woe is me :sad: