Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Okay...Time to name names.... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/33915-okay-time-name-names.html)

JewelsnTools 05-16-2008 11:08 PM

Okay...Time to name names....

Okay...it's time to name names...
I'm seriously looking for a new spot. Does anyone know of a mid-sized company that hires 1st year drivers for 2-600 miles per day, in the Midwest?
No bottles (pepsi, coke, etc.), tanks, or reefers, although I don't mind "tailgating" boxed or palleted loads.
Dock to dock would be great, too, but I'm a realist. I'm prepared to move my homestead, also, if necessary.
Oh, and a company that's heard of "restarts"===at least one per month... :oops:
Jewels

JewelsnTools 05-16-2008 11:54 PM

Okay, what are you not saying?? Please leave some sort of comment, opinion, etc. Am I not, maybe, looking at things properly? Is there something else that needs considering?
Help? Pretty please? :wink:

WarHorse 05-16-2008 11:57 PM

Lots of folks are still rolling - give them a chance to settle in for the evening and boot up the ol' electronic brain. ;)

Otherwise, just do what so many of us others do - a web search.

Uturn2001 05-17-2008 12:15 AM

Are you looking for OTR, regional or local?

Do you have any experience at all?

BigWheels 05-17-2008 01:28 AM

Care to enlighten us a bit with why you desire a change?

Freight is kind-of-slow all over....

vavega 05-17-2008 08:55 PM

what's wrong with schneider? they have dedicated runs in iowa

Jimbpard 05-17-2008 09:56 PM

Move to Pittsburgh, PA.
NEMF is going to be hiring linehaul drivers in a couple weeks.

repete 05-18-2008 01:34 AM

ahh another bad day/week Jen? I wish there was someway for me to help you out with this. You've been with Crete for almost a year stick it out and then take your vacation and use that time to put in apps for local. Also check about transfering over to the dark side (Schaffer) you already pull reefer so what you got to lose?

JewelsnTools 05-18-2008 09:52 PM

They came! They came!!

I've got a little over a year's experience, but Man, what a year! Plenty of dock practice (daily), and Wildkat's lessons on dock etiquette! I'd like a 7-10 state dedicated route, so I guess that's regional. I like your posts, UTurn. Thanks for weighing in. A friend and I were talking about the truth in your tag line, the other day...

I'm beginning to think the real problem is that I didn't understand, well enough, that trucking isn't a job, but a lifestyle. I don't do well with a round-the-clock "on call" existence. I need more structure, more normalcy. The change that's needed is to get my body and mind back on some sort of schedule--- I'm scared to stay awake, for fear of being called for a night run; then, when I do get to sleep, I wake up terrified that I've gone to sleep driving!!!
I know freight is slow all over, so I've got that "deer in headlights" thing going on, frozen for fear of jumping out of a proverbial frying pan and, well, you know..

Schneider, and many of the mega-carriers, seem too far gone to actually remember that there's a living, breathing human being behind that wheel. I've read, on here (the place I've gotten most of my really valuable education!), that mid-sized and smaller companies are a little more willing to remember that.

Whoa!! I should have put some sort of qualifier on that statement about my willingness to move my homestead!! :wink:
I LOVE it out here! On certain dark, indigo nights, the stars seem close enough to touch. People wave at you, for no reason, and it tickles me to pieces. You can look out across dark, rich fields, and see lovely patterns and patchworks of tiny, proud seedlings poking through...and there's still a sense of morality, here. So, while I would be willing to move, I'll now qualify that with saying that such a move would only be a state or two! Thanks for the tip, though, because someone reading this might be willing to give up this big, open sky for such a cool job!

'Pete, I PM'd ya! :)

Useless 05-20-2008 04:42 AM

Re: Okay...Time to name names....

Quote:

Originally Posted by JewelsnTools
Okay...it's time to name names...
I'm seriously looking for a new spot.
Does anyone know of a mid-sized company that hires 1st year drivers for 2-600 miles per day, in the Midwest?

No bottles (pepsi, coke, etc.), tanks, or reefers, although I don't mind "tailgating" boxed or palleted loads.
Dock to dock would be great, too, but I'm a realist. I'm prepared to move my homestead, also, if necessary.
Oh, and a company that's heard of "restarts"===at least one per month... :oops:
Jewels

TWO to six hundred miles per day, Jewels??

Not sure how you'll make a living driving only two miles per day, but I'll bet that it's good work if you can find it!!