Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   forgot log book (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/33593-forgot-log-book.html)

2hellandback 04-22-2008 10:47 AM

forgot log book

Picked up my new/used truck in salt lake city today and drove it to my G-friends house in ogden towing my jeep, 50 miles, and I have a 45 day permit .

Problem is i left my over night bag in Idaho and my log book was inside it. In the next day or two I need to drive it to idaho,I may be bobtailing it with or without the jeep through the port of entry in utah and idaho, Do I need to even log for the 140 mile trip,should i pick up a log book at fly J, or just avoid the 2 ports ?

Rev.Vassago 04-22-2008 12:31 PM

Get a log book. Try to log as much as you remember, but have 7 days in your posession.

GMAN 04-22-2008 01:53 PM

You can buy a log book at any truck stop. It is much cheaper than a log ticket. You are required to have the last 7 days in your possession.

Uturn2001 04-22-2008 02:24 PM

Ditto, get a log book. It is not just the ports you have to worry about but makeshift inspection stations and moving patrols.

2hellandback 04-22-2008 04:01 PM

The thing is i havent been working for several months so i dont have even 1 previous day little lone 7

Rev.Vassago 04-22-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2hellandback
The thing is i havent been working for several months so i dont have even 1 previous day little lone 7

In that case, log the prior 7 days as off duty.

mikey4069 04-23-2008 05:04 AM

Re: forgot log book

Quote:

Picked up my new/used truck in salt lake city today and drove it to my G-friends house in ogden towing my jeep, 50 miles, and I have a 45 day permit .

Problem is i left my over night bag in Idaho and my log book was inside it. In the next day or two I need to drive it to idaho,I may be bobtailing it with or without the jeep through the port of entry in utah and idaho, Do I need to even log for the 140 mile trip,should i pick up a log book at fly J, or just avoid the 2 ports ?

Are you new to trucking ?

CrazyTulip 04-23-2008 05:09 PM

Re: forgot log book

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey4069
Quote:

Are you new to trucking ?

Well so what if he is? He came here to get help. I never get why people have to start bashing people here if it's an obvious answer for you. They come here cause it's not obvious to them. Remember when you just started out? Did YOU know it all??

mikey4069 04-23-2008 07:21 PM

who's bashing ?

CrazyTulip 04-23-2008 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey4069
who's bashing ?

I thought you? Maybe it was a serious question on your end but it depends how you read it I guess... :lol: If you meant it seriously then I apologize; if not: I take that back! :lol: :mrgreen: