Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   looks fun dont it (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/32836-looks-fun-dont.html)

haldemand 03-10-2008 12:37 AM

looks fun dont it

Ok, sure you all can handle a truck...but how about a train.
www.railroadinfo.com/triprprt/feather_01.html
You might have to copy paste this.

Windwalker 03-10-2008 01:47 AM

I'm a truck driver... I can drive ANYTHING with WHEELS under it..... :wink: :wink:

ICS 03-10-2008 02:02 AM

ohhh how hard could it be? it's not like you can take a wrong turn. lol

TruckerChris 03-10-2008 02:56 AM

If I wasn't into driving trucks and being able to stop and grab some food or take a break whenever I wanted, I would be driving a train. I stare at them all the time when I'm on a road that goes along the tracks... Trains are awesome.

repete 03-10-2008 05:20 PM

My next vacation :D

Mackman 03-10-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kona911
Trains are awesome.

I have to agree Kona. If i was going to do something diff. i would really look in to runnin a Train. DO you think they would stright pipe it for me and put a loud ass jake on. Put alot of lights on it. I can see it now. :lol:

TomB985 03-11-2008 01:03 AM

[quote="Mackman"]
Quote:

Originally Posted by kona911
I ahve to agree Kona. If i was going to do something diff. i would really look in to runnin a Train. DO you think they would stright pipe it for me and put a loud ass jake on. Put alot of lights on it. I can see it now. :lol:

Funny concept, but that stuff is obnoxious on a 450 HP truck, let alone a 1200 HP train..... :?

03-11-2008 02:06 AM

Hate to tell you this but MOST of the locomotives you see out there HAVE 4000 HP or more. UP and the BNSF combined have over 5000 engines over 4400 hp each.

Syncrosonix 03-11-2008 03:08 AM

that's too cool. i'm going to have to show this link to an uncle of mine. he's had a fascination with locomotives since he was a child. i KNOW his eyes will become wide after checking out the link.

TruckerChris 03-11-2008 07:42 AM

When I was a kid I was in Mobile, AL in the rail yard on a weekend taking video of the switcher moving cars around the yard. Video taping now is probably not allowed but back then no one ever said anything. We were probably there for almost two hours until the a guy got out of the switcher and asked if I wanted to hop in with him (another thing that wouldn't happen today). Now I was probably 10 years old and my dream had come true. I rode with him for an hour or so then he took me back to the office and give me a ton of burlington northern clothes, hard had, flash light, back protector, calendar, gloves and some other stuff. He was a real nice guy and we would send him letters every christmas. I will remember that forever.