Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Don't like Retirement--Please Help (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/32679-dont-like-retirement-please-help.html)

ritasroy 02-29-2008 05:53 PM

Don't like Retirement--Please Help

Retired 17 mos ago, but want to go back to driving.
However, seem to be running into roadblocks.
Have over 3 million miles safe, accident, ticket free driving, very healthy and active.
BUT-- because its been more than a year not driving, they want to retrain me. Another company said that since I have only driven 3 states its not enough to qualify as over the road experience It has to be more than 5 states.
Does anyone have suggestions on companies that might be willing to try a hard worker, could get great recommendations on work ethics, would be willing to take a refresher course, but I have not been out of work long enough to have forgotten everything I have learned over 30 years.

My thanks
Roy

YoungZ.W. 02-29-2008 06:30 PM

Where are you located at??

ritasroy 02-29-2008 06:47 PM

We are full time RV's Located anywhere you want us to be.

Roy

MADLUX 02-29-2008 07:17 PM

See if you can get on a bulk route with coke, Pepsi, 7up etc. Thats what I'm doing with 7up, back up to a loading dock, take it off with an electric pallet jack, get the bills signed and go to the next one. Its a gravy job!

ritasroy 02-29-2008 07:35 PM

Thanks for the info, but really want over the road, would like to see the 48 and Canada and get paid to do it. Love traveling.

Thanks again
Roy

YoungZ.W. 02-29-2008 07:46 PM

Roy,
You might want to look into Schneider www.schneiderjobs.com and ask about getting on what they call system which is their 48 state OTR, If I remember right it is 2 weeks out then 2 days home. Go to www.pumpkindriver.com and those guys will be able to provide some good info on it. Good luck.

bandits44x 02-29-2008 08:28 PM

Look in the paper for OTR outfits that are hiring. I'm sure there are companies that have smaller fleets that would recognize your 30 yrs experience. Your location would help a lot though.

ritasroy 02-29-2008 08:58 PM

At the moment we are in Del Rio Texas

Cluggy619 03-01-2008 12:24 AM

Re: Don't like Retirement--Please Help

Quote:

Originally Posted by ritasroy
Retired 17 mos ago, but want to go back to driving.
However, seem to be running into roadblocks.
Have over 3 million miles safe, accident, ticket free driving, very healthy and active.
BUT-- because its been more than a year not driving, they want to retrain me. Another company said that since I have only driven 3 states its not enough to qualify as over the road experience It has to be more than 5 states.
Does anyone have suggestions on companies that might be willing to try a hard worker, could get great recommendations on work ethics, would be willing to take a refresher course, but I have not been out of work long enough to have forgotten everything I have learned over 30 years.

My thanks
Roy

You know, I think sheepdancer can help you. I'll shoot him a PM for ya.