Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   How do lot Lizards ruin your truck? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/32487-how-do-lot-lizards-ruin-your-truck.html)

NFRay 02-20-2008 03:55 PM

roadhog,

I don't doubt, even for a minute, the veracity of the event as told by you.

I also have no doubt that the original trucker told of this actual event while seated at the "Drivers only" counter and began his narrative of this true happening with the phrase "now this ain't no sh!t".

I am impressed by the trucker who saw the opportunity to become a movie star, producer and distributor. Indeed, a fine example of American entrepreneurship to which all truckers can aspire.

Opportunities abound ! What a country !

repete 02-20-2008 05:53 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: this is great!!
never had a problem turning any lizard down, just nicly say sorry I'm broke and they move on, there just trying to make a living too!(talk about a job that really SUCKS :!: )

Fredog 02-20-2008 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by repete
:lol: :lol: :lol: this is great!!
never had a problem turning any lizard down, just nicly say sorry I'm broke and they move on, there just trying to make a living too!(talk about a job that really SUCKS :!: )

that always works for me too. I say. okay, but I dont have any money, I never hear from them again

Windwalker 02-23-2008 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFRay
When I first read the title of this thread I thought it was a serious question.

I've heard that if some lizards feel that they have been mistreated, (not paid), or became angry at the driver for some reason, that the lizard, or their pimp would damage the truck in some way. Cut your air line or electrical wires, flat tires, pull fifth wheel release, contaminate fuel by some method, etc., or even a physical attack when you are out of the truck. By virture of the culture they live in, violence is an everyday fact of life for many of them.

Has anyone experienced any sabotage like this ?

Excuse me! I mean, do you know any other driver this has happened to ?

I had a load of beer broken into. I can't prove it was a lot lizard, though. All I know is that she knocked on my door when I was working on paperwork, then disappeared behind the row of trucks. About an hour later, I saw her walking across the lot, and she wasn't putting one foot in front of the other very well. Later, I found my seal broken and one pallet of cases in disarray. But, now, prove it was her.

dle 02-23-2008 03:31 AM

i've used one of 2 responses. Sorry no money, or my herpes (which I don't have) is active.

Phantom433a 02-23-2008 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadhog

I know a guy whose friends, brothers, cousin, was sitting in a TS diner, and over heard a conversation
about a trucker who gave a lizard $10 to wax his helmet, and expected change back.

The lizard refused to give any change back, so he made the lizard bark like a dog, spanked it,
and flip it over several times, and sold the movie to some Underground XXX Video store in Missouri
....and titled the movie... "Reptiles Wet and Wild" :?

Good Lord son, you just ain't right :shock: :wink:

Skywalker 02-24-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom433a
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadhog

I know a guy whose friends, brothers, cousin, was sitting in a TS diner, and over heard a conversation
about a trucker who gave a lizard $10 to wax his helmet, and expected change back.

The lizard refused to give any change back, so he made the lizard bark like a dog, spanked it,
and flip it over several times, and sold the movie to some Underground XXX Video store in Missouri
....and titled the movie... "Reptiles Wet and Wild" :?

Good Lord son, you just ain't right :shock: :wink:

Yeah, but you have to give him a good grade on "Originality"!! :mrgreen:

Maximum Destruction 02-26-2008 07:47 PM

Re: How do lot Lizards ruin your truck?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daylightchasser
I herd that there are lizards at truck stops that can effect the performance of an engine by getting stuck. I was told they like the warm heat of the engine and they can effect the performance of your engine.

Is this true?

well they probably really like the warm heat of something else most cant have :lol:

CrazyTulip 02-26-2008 09:36 PM

:withstupid: OMG is this for real?? :lol: :roll:

line_transporter 02-27-2008 12:04 AM

If a Lizard does damage something on your truck, you can find it in the pre-trip the next morning. I would look at the lights, chassis, axles and airlines. They likely wouldn't go after the engine, because if they open or close the hood you would hear that and go out to check it out, but I'd check the engine any way.