Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Power mirrors & windows (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/32327-power-mirrors-windows.html)

Graymist 02-12-2008 12:28 AM

Power mirrors & windows

Since most of the trucks that I see have regular / manual mirrors, I often wonder if it's possible to have them changed to power & heated mirrors, with power windows.....any opinions ?

Double L 02-12-2008 12:33 AM

Most of them have power windows and mirrors. They are a lifesaver at night time especially when backing into a dock especially one that is inside a building.

BigDiesel 02-12-2008 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double L
Most of them have power windows and mirrors. They are a lifesaver at night time especially when backing into a dock especially one that is inside a building.

just curious.... When was the last time you backed a 53' into a dock ???

Double L 02-12-2008 04:31 AM

What does that have to do with anything? :roll: I'm just saying they are a lifesaver cause they reduce the glare in your mirror especially at night.

02-12-2008 04:50 AM

Most trucks have POWER MIRRORS on the Passenger side Big DIsel Dummy. Even in the late 90's they were doing it that way. I had power windows even on my fleet trucks at Henderson.

COLT 02-12-2008 05:04 AM

Heated, mirrors are a "must"

We just got a Chinook, - 25 in the valleys, -2 on top of the hills...

Power mirrors are a nice thing, I have them, but seldom need them...

If you get into a tight spot with a train, it's nice to just toggle the mirror...

After awhile, you just "know" where it's at :wink:

Just drive the "truck" Grey, it will follow...

BigDiesel 02-12-2008 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
Most trucks have POWER MIRRORS on the Passenger side Big DIsel Dummy. Even in the late 90's they were doing it that way. I had power windows even on my fleet trucks at Henderson.

Get back on your meds.... :lol: :lol:

Graymist 02-13-2008 12:21 AM

I guess my question wasn't quite framed appropriately. It should have read : I'm curious to know if power / heated mirrors & power windows can be fitted out in a truck that doesn't have the convenience.

My truck has them....I simply would like to know whether those that don't can have them.

Thanks in advance.

Mackman 02-13-2008 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graymist
I guess my question wasn't quite framed appropriately. It should have read : I'm curious to know if power / heated mirrors & power windows can be fitted out in a truck that doesn't have the convenience.

My truck has them....I simply would like to know whether those that don't can have them.

Thanks in advance.

you can have anything done if you got the $$$$$$