Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Got CDL but no job. Can anyone help? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/32083-got-cdl-but-no-job-can-anyone-help.html)

biscuit99 01-29-2008 12:43 AM

Got CDL but no job. Can anyone help?

I graduated from National Training Inc on 01/18/08 and now have my CDL. At this point I haven't benn able to find a job. I had an Open Container charge in 1997, and Driving Suspended in 2001. Paid the ticket off on 2001 and went several yrs with no license simply because the line of work I was indidnt need it. My license expired during that time. Last yr I got my license in Florida and Had to pay a reinstatement fee to GA (previous License). Only thing that shows on my 7 yr MVR is the driving suspended in 2001. I am having an extremely difficult times getting any companies to give me the time of day. Was wondering if any could point me toward a company that probably wont have a problem with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Orangetxguy 01-29-2008 03:19 AM

Re: Got CDL but no job. Can anyone help?

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuit99
I graduated from National Training Inc on 01/18/08 and now have my CDL. At this point I haven't benn able to find a job. I had an Open Container charge in 1997, and Driving Suspended in 2001. Paid the ticket off on 2001 and went several yrs with no license simply because the line of work I was indidnt need it. My license expired during that time. Last yr I got my license in Florida and Had to pay a reinstatement fee to GA (previous License). Only thing that shows on my 7 yr MVR is the driving suspended in 2001. I am having an extremely difficult times getting any companies to give me the time of day. Was wondering if any could point me toward a company that probably wont have a problem with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Are there other issues in your background, which are knocking you out of a driving opportunity?

You should have been putting app's in, while you were attending CDL school. 10 days isn't really enough time for a background check these days.

bigdaddyjollyrob 01-30-2008 12:50 AM

Re: Got CDL but no job. Can anyone help?

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuit99

Did you try swift,werner,cr england.I know people dont want to but you need your foot in the door? Check all sight that hire Ne student grads.