Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Chain Up Tool - Easy Chain Up In My Opnion! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/31614-chain-up-tool-easy-chain-up-my-opnion.html)

thebobguy 01-03-2008 11:10 AM

Chain Up Tool - Easy Chain Up In My Opnion!

I live and drive in Colorado and like many of you, have crossed many nasty passes in both US and Canada. I'm just a driver, this is not an ad, just thought I would share something I have found to be a prety great but hard to find to chain up tool.

I know..no one LIKES to chain...if they say they like it they are lying...it just aint fun. But when you want or have to, this is so nice...even for the pros that throw iron multiple times a day. Again, I'm just a driver and have no reason to "promote" the Truckers Chain Up Tool other than it makes the whole process so much faster and eaiser...for about $50...it's a no brainer!

Check out the Truckers Chain Up Tool at: http://www.chainuptool.com/index.html

They are available in single, triple rail and even super single tires. This company needs to do more advertising, they are hard to find, hope it helps, let me know what you think!

Lunker 01-03-2008 02:21 PM

Is it available at any truck stops yet? Or only online?

thebobguy 01-03-2008 03:17 PM

Only online and they are even hard to find online, they need better exposure. Guess that why the cost is so low though. Fast shipping but I understand, got to get home or somewhere so you can pick them up, good point.

kc0iv 01-03-2008 06:31 PM

Re: Chain Up Tool - Easy Chain Up In My Opnion!

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebobguy
I live and drive in Colorado and like many of you, have crossed many nasty passes in both US and Canada. I'm just a driver, this is not an ad, just thought I would share something I have found to be a prety great but hard to find to chain up tool.

I know..no one LIKES to chain...if they say they like it they are lying...it just aint fun. But when you want or have to, this is so nice...even for the pros that throw iron multiple times a day. Again, I'm just a driver and have no reason to "promote" the Truckers Chain Up Tool other than it makes the whole process so much faster and eaiser...for about $50...it's a no brainer!

Check out the Truckers Chain Up Tool at: http://www.chainuptool.com/index.html

They are available in single, triple rail and even super single tires. This company needs to do more advertising, they are hard to find, hope it helps, let me know what you think!

I don't see the big advantage. A bungee cord will do the same thing. And it doesn't cost $50.

kc0iv

thebaldeagle655 01-03-2008 06:39 PM

Looks to me like you will either have to buy 4 of these, or chain up one tire at a time, thereby, not saving time but actually taking more time. I drape all 4 of my chains over the top of the tires, one end at the front of the tire on the ground then drive 1/4 turn forward and hook the ends. At $49.00 each, 4 of them would be very cost prohibitive for me to see much use. I'll agree, my initial thought was, gee, this looks neat, but I don't think NEAT here translates into usable.

thebobguy 01-03-2008 08:06 PM

$49.oo for a pair, Colorado only requires two. I use to think the way you do too, I throw iron faster than most BUT...this is WAY easier. They may not be for you but most will love them once they try them. Just a driver trying to help others who want new ideas that work.

LadyNorthStar 01-04-2008 02:44 AM

Only advantage I see is the chains going on tight. Other than that, I can get my chains on that fast without a gadget.

SilverWulf 01-06-2008 11:40 PM

By the time you get those out and set up, I'll be chained up and gone.

coolthings 08-28-2012 06:07 AM

I went to the web site clicked on buy it now and nothing if someone knows how to get in touch with them let me know. I want one, winter is coming. thx

TheGirlCanDrive 02-04-2013 06:02 AM

Yep, the "Buy" link on the website is disabled. Perhaps they didn't have a patent for it or didn't register their business and got in trouble for selling it in mass. I've seen a couple of other chaining tools and they seem more complicated and parts that aren't really necessary. This is simple, and I like that. Some guys here are saying they could chain up without the tool faster... but when you have a trailer on and triple rails, it's a serious pain in the butt (and the back) to get those chains laid over the tires just right. I like the fact that you don't have to do that at all with this tool, and it lays itself out properly. That's what would make this a worthwhile device. Since they're not selling it anymore, I'll have my neighbor make me a couple.