Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   1st year of OTR has beat me up pretty bad.(Schneider)Walmart (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/31006-1st-year-otr-has-beat-me-up-pretty-bad-schneider-walmart.html)

ohiomohawk 11-30-2007 10:38 PM

1st year of OTR has beat me up pretty bad.(Schneider)Walmart

I was just getting my CDL last year this time. I have a lot of respect fpr truck drivers now. It was not easy for this past year for me but I did survive and I think 1 year OTR is just about all I want to mess with 8).

I am going local but Schneider was good to me . They treated me well and a were good starter company.

wot i life 11-30-2007 10:54 PM

Re: 1st year of OTR has beat me up pretty bad.(Schneider)Wal

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohiomohawk
I was just getting my CDL last year this time. I have a lot of respect fpr truck drivers now. It was not easy for this past year for me but I did survive and I think 1 year OTR is just about all I want to mess with 8).

I am going local but Schneider was good to me . They treated me well and a were good starter company.

Its not for everyone being away from home mate. Good luck to you in whatever you do.

Jimbpard 12-01-2007 12:01 AM

Good job for sticking it out a year. It's more otr than I have ever done...Though I have been fortunate enough to get my cdl on my own, and find local companies and not have to go otr, I would've went with SNI if they would've accpeted me, which they did not.
Anyway, good job. Good luck

Mackman 12-01-2007 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbpard
Good job for sticking it out a year. It's more otr than I have ever done...Though I have been fortunate enough to get my cdl on my own, and find local companies and not have to go otr, I would've went with SNI if they would've accpeted me, which they did not.

I got my CDL the same way. Who says you need CDL Mills to get a good job. I never did OTR in my life. Never had to. Good luck I give all OTR drivers alot of credit for stay away from home for so little pay.

12-01-2007 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohiomohawk

That's why the turnover rates are so staggering in that biz. People figure out the amount of hours on the job and away from home and then look at their paychecks and say "Screw it!". The ones who stay are addicted to the hobo lifestyle or have no other prospects.

flatbedder 12-01-2007 05:34 PM

CFM, maybe you should go frequent this website- www.localdrivers.com :twisted:

mike3fan 12-01-2007 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
The ones who stay are addicted to the hobo lifestyle or have no other prospects.

:?

Or enjoy it,make a good living at it and you should be thankful that we are out here providing a sevice that you apparently
are too good to do.

kebo072 12-02-2007 04:25 PM

Or enjoy it,make a good living at it and you should be thankful that we are out here providing a sevice that you apparently
are too good to do.[/quote]

AMAAAAAANNNNNNN !!!!!!!!! Brother.

mdf1576 12-02-2007 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman
Quote:

I got my CDL the same way. Who says you need CDL Mills to get a good job. I never did OTR in my life. Never had to. Good luck I give all OTR drivers alot of credit for stay away from home for so little pay.

we all know dump truck drivers make all the money! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Mackman 12-02-2007 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdf1576
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman
Quote:

we all know dump truck drivers make all the money! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Go ahead a laugh it up buddy but who works arounds 50hrs a week and still make over 50k. Who gets OT after 40. Who gets paid for everything they do. Oh yea thats right i do but im just a dump truck driver.