Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Something to sit on (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/30914-something-sit.html)

Colts Fan 11-24-2007 09:49 PM

Something to sit on

This is a little embarassing but I'm sure that I'm not the only one with this problem. I have a bony a$$ and it kills me after a couple of hours driving. I told my tainer this and he suggested sitting on a pillow. I replied that I might as well just tough it out until I get used to it. He stated that I won't ever get used to it and I'll just be driving with a sore a$$ all the time. I have been using a pillow and it has been better.

Is there any product out there besides a pillow that you all sit on that you like?

GMAN 11-24-2007 10:16 PM

There used to be a pillow with a hole in the center that I have seen some use. I once knew a guy who had hemorrhoids and used one. I would think any medical supply store would have them.

Flashmann 11-24-2007 10:21 PM

I had that problem too....I got one of those tube shaped neck pillows,placed it where the back meets the seat,where it hit me right above the tailbone,the main sore spot........Worked like a champ.....

Uturn2001 11-24-2007 11:10 PM

And make sure you take your wallet out of your back pocket before starting down the road.

Sit on one long enough not only will your 6 start to hurt but it can screw up your back too.

Jackrabbit379 11-24-2007 11:17 PM

When I was a kid, the old timers told me to always take my bilfold out of my pocket. It will keep my from getting lower back pain.

They make those cushions for the seat. I've seen something or nother at Wal-Mart.

TK THE TRUCKER 11-24-2007 11:30 PM

I used to have one of those airhawk seat cushions. It was pretty comfortable but it only lasted a couple months before it started leaking plus they are expensive too. After that I bought a gel seat cushion from the truck stop. It was pretty good. Also, when driving a truck you've never driven before the seat kinda has to get used to your a$$. After a couple days it wears in a little and is a bit more comfortable. But some seats just aren't that good. I drive a Peterbilt now and the seat seems to be a lot better for me. 8) 8)

Malaki86 11-24-2007 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK THE TRUCKER
I used to have one of those airhawk seat cushions. It was pretty comfortable but it only lasted a couple months before it started leaking plus they are expensive too. After that I bought a gel seat cushion from the truck stop. It was pretty good. Also, when driving a truck you've never driven before the seat kinda has to get used to your a$$. After a couple days it wears in a little and is a bit more comfortable. But some seats just aren't that good. I drive a Peterbilt now and the seat seems to be a lot better for me. 8) 8)

How are those gel cushions? I've looked at em at the T/A but wasn't sure if it was worth using my points on.

TK THE TRUCKER 11-25-2007 01:27 AM

It's been over a year and a half since I used it in a freightliner I was driving at the time. I think it was better than the seat but started to deform after awhile but I can't remember for sure. I still have it and will have to find it and maybe use it again to see if it was that good or not. 8) 8)

Trukrswyfe 11-25-2007 01:32 AM

They actually make a pillow in the pharmacy for the tail bone. I have seen two types and both worked well and were very inexpensive, well worth it. It is not the doughnut hole type for hemorriods. Ask for the tail bone(coxic cushion) I know I misspelled that.

GTR SILVER 11-25-2007 01:36 AM

re pillow

go to a surgical supply store............they will have what you need..... :wink: