Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Time (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/30323-time.html)

retiredmb 10-21-2007 08:17 PM

Time

Right out of School I went to work for a Training Co, had the Trainer from hell, didn't Train, didn't leave the Truck, slept and had his "bottle" and "plastic bag" (based on the order coming from behind the curtan). After two weeks, I left the Truck, called the DM and was told it would be 1 - 2 weeks before they could set me up with another Trainer. At that point I left the Co.

My question: This happened in Sept, how much time do I have, not driving, before starting all over again?

Kranky 10-21-2007 09:52 PM

Re: Time

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredmb
Right out of School I went to work for a Training Co, had the Trainer from hell, didn't Train, didn't leave the Truck, slept and had his "bottle" and "plastic bag" (based on the order coming from behind the curtan). After two weeks, I left the Truck, called the DM and was told it would be 1 - 2 weeks before they could set me up with another Trainer. At that point I left the Co.

My question: This happened in Sept, how much time do I have, not driving, before starting all over again?

How the hell could you last 2 weeks in the truck with a "trainer" like that?

Even dogs don't sh*t and p*ss where they sleep. :shock:

retiredmb 10-21-2007 09:57 PM

Re: Time

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splitshifter
Quote:

How the hell could you last 2 weeks in the truck with a "trainer" like that?

Even dogs don't sh*t and p*ss where they sleep. :shock:

Didn't want to quit, am I screwed now that I did?

Jimbpard 10-21-2007 10:42 PM

1-2 weeks of your entire lifetime was going to kill you to wait for a new, possibly better trainer?
:roll:

I'm sure someone will pick you up, but I wouldnt personally....You've already shown part of a bad attitude.

retiredmb 10-21-2007 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbpard
1-2 weeks of your entire lifetime was going to kill you to wait for a new, possibly better trainer?
:roll:

I'm sure someone will pick you up, but I wouldnt personally....You've already shown part of a bad attitude.

I don't like your answer but, I appreciate it.

Not trying to make excuses, had just left 20 years with one Co (retired) and he was hard to take, couldn't stand the smell of the Truck.

I know I should have stayed, just couldn't get back in that Truck.

Mackman 10-21-2007 11:05 PM

Quote:

I know I should have stayed, just couldn't get back in that Truck.

I dont blame ya. I dont know how you could have stayed as long as you did.

Skywalker 10-22-2007 12:01 AM

You will more than likely have to start all over again. Its just the way it is.
I wish I had better news for you.

Back in 94'.... I did my training at a company called PST...finished the training, and was running solo for a couple of months when they gave me reason to leave, I did. I had to go back through training all over again. But what the heck...it was something I wanted to do, so I dealt with it.

BOL!

Folsom Flash 10-22-2007 12:24 AM

I did much the same thing a year ago. I told the wife I'd give a try at finding something local for a month and if nothing turned up I'd look for another OTR company.

I found a job on day 28 or 29 and am still there, driving 250 miles a night Monday through Friday.

I'll be with them another six months until my wife graduates. Then I'll check out some other options.

BORN2DRIVE 10-23-2007 02:37 AM

retiredmb
You did the right thing. Nobody should have to put up with those unsanitary conditions.
Maybe jimbpard practices that unsanitary behavior himself. Thats why he thinks 1-2 weeks of it is no big deal. :?: :shock:

Rockee 10-23-2007 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BORN2DRIVE
retiredmbMaybe jimbpard practices that unsanitary behavior himself. Thats why he thinks 1-2 weeks of it is no big deal. :?: :shock:

The way I read what he said is...."would it have hurt to wait for a truck for 1 or two weeks" not "wait for the same truck".

Anyway you will more than likely have to train all over again.
Is there a posibility you can go back to the same company, with a different trainer, and hopefully in a different truck. I dont necessarily think you have a bad attitude but what reason did you give them for just leaving and not trying to work things out?