Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers
You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Waiting game with Maverick (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/30259-waiting-game-maverick.html)

BiGG T33 10-17-2007 10:17 PM

Waiting game with Maverick

I'm waiting to hear from maverick ..
10 days 13hrs 9mins

made up the hr's and mins but days are tru lol so bored

nrvsreck 10-17-2007 10:38 PM

Typical Maverick. Everything I've ever heard about Maverick is good, but their hiring process is a joke. I waited for two weeks for them to give me the go-ahead for orientation, then applied online for another flatbed company on a Friday afternoon. Heard back a couple hours later and scheduled orientation for the following Monday. Never heard anything else from Maverick.

I think you just really need to keeping nipping at their heals and stay patient. Either that or go elsewhere.

BiGG T33 10-17-2007 10:46 PM

Yea I applied to Arrow and heard back next day and even got a letter from them with what to bring to orientation....I'll be going with another company i'm not waiting because there is no guranntee i will get the call...When i call that act like i'm bugging them lol...justs seems unprofessional when the rest of the companys can get samething done in a much shorter period of time...Hell i even have Maverick Drivers call in about me ...trying to find out what the deal is....

nrvsreck 10-17-2007 10:58 PM

The Maverick recruiters did the same to me. I'd call the lady and she'd act completely irritated and tried to get me off the phone ASAP. I'd say unless you're really obsessed with Maverick I'd look elsewhere.

BiGG T33 10-18-2007 06:06 PM

Advice taken ..Way i'm looking at it is "it was just not meant to be"

I'm going with CFI great company and i only reason i didn't pick them first was i wanted Flatbed not van but hey gotta start somewhere...

steelhauler2007 10-18-2007 07:02 PM

Hey, if you are still interested in Maverick.Not sure who you have been talking to in recruiting.Call recruiting and ask for Beth.She has been there for a long time.I drive for Maverick,they are a great company. Are you an experienced driver or a student.That makes a difference sometimes as far as having to wait.Beth can help you out.

Jay B 10-18-2007 11:06 PM

Have or need a CDL? That makes a huge difference on the wait. Monica is easy to deal with on the phone also.

Snowman7 10-18-2007 11:10 PM

I dont know why it takes so long but my cousin drives for them and it sounds like a good place to work. As OTR goes anyway, not my preference lol.

BiGG T33 10-19-2007 01:23 AM

Thanks for letting me vent.....i'll update tommorrow

Jay B 10-19-2007 04:51 PM

I don't know what to tell ya man. I did an online app with them and they contacted me about 2 days later with a question about previous employment dates. A few days later they called to tell me I was accepted.

I finish CDL school next week and hope to go to Little Rock next weekend.

One thing I can say to anyone in driver school now is DO NOT WAIT TO APPLY. You can apply at the trucking companies way before you finish school, just give them the dates you are supposed to graduate and have yor CDL. If you wait until you finish school you might have to wait to get the company you want to go with or settle for a 'lesser' company because you can't wait to go to work.