Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   What is X endorsement? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/30110-what-x-endorsement.html)

NHHunter 10-08-2007 08:06 PM

What is X endorsement?

Im signing up for hazprints and it asked for X or H endorsement, what is X?

unkut2003 10-08-2007 08:08 PM

Re: What is X endorsement?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHHunter
Im signing up for hazprints and it asked for X or H endorsement, what is X?

I wondered the same thing when I got endorsed and funny thing is the lady at the BMV had to go ask her collegue... :lol: But its a Tanker/Hazmat combo. So if you have both, they list it as an X endorsement!

Orangetxguy 10-08-2007 08:09 PM

Your teasing ..right?? Have you even opened a CDL handbook??

unkut2003 10-08-2007 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy

Actually No, I wasn't. I have TMX under my endorsements and I have my Tanker/Doubles-Triples/Hazmat/Motorcycle! I'm 110% POSITIVE its the tanker/hazmat combo!! Oh crap, hahaha, please don't tell me this question was refered to NHHUNTER???? :? ..... :lol:

Orangetxguy 10-08-2007 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkut2003
Quote:

Actually No, I wasn't. I have TMX under my endorsements and I have my Tanker/Doubles-Triples/Hazmat/Motorcycle! I'm 110% POSITIVE its the tanker/hazmat combo!! Oh crap, hahaha, please don't tell me this question was refered to NHHUNTER???? :? ..... :lol:

Yeah...it was.

I have had my endorsements a good long time..before the "X" was introduced. When I decided to drive truck for a living, I opened the states driver manual and read it, to understand what all I needed to know.

unkut2003 10-08-2007 09:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah...it was.

I have had my endorsements a good long time..before the "X" was introduced. When I decided to drive truck for a living, I opened the states driver manual and read it, to understand what all I needed to know.

YOU DA' MAN!!!!! 8)

BiGG T33 10-08-2007 09:36 PM

Yep its a Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement thats what i have ..

worldisnotenough 10-08-2007 09:46 PM

An X endorsement means you are Speed Racers long lost brother.

BiGG T33 10-08-2007 09:46 PM

Racer X lol to funny

eoplocust 10-08-2007 10:50 PM

geeze doesnt anyone read the cdl manual the X endorsemnt is not valid without the T endorsement. and without them u cant drive in texas :P

Snowman7 10-08-2007 11:12 PM

The X endorsement means if someone on the CB pisses you off, you can mutate into a badass fightin supertrucker!

NHHunter 10-08-2007 11:16 PM

Thank you

worldisnotenough 10-08-2007 11:30 PM

I hope, NHhunter, you have figured out that in this industry, there are a lot of us smart asses. It is nothing personal, all that sitting staring at the road fries our phone. I mean brain. (sorry I am doing two things at once here)

BIG JEEP on 44's 10-09-2007 01:27 AM

It stands for X-treme with this endosement you will be permitted to ghost ride your truck should you feel the need ...Speed through school zones (if under load) Skip all "OFFICIAL" dot scales , And of course park the handi cap spots at the Flying-J

eoplocust 10-10-2007 04:45 PM

lol i hate to admit it but hes right. but the funny thing is that the way i look at it, this shows theres more decent guys/gals behind the wheel than pee juggin cb yellin allergic to showers rude riggers out there. plus i save the silliness for when the REAL answers been given cuz as a newbie myself i'd HATE to be confused.

Quote:

Originally Posted by worldisnotenough
I hope, NHhunter, you have figured out that in this industry, there are a lot of us smart asses. It is nothing personal, all that sitting staring at the road fries our phone. I mean brain. (sorry I am doing two things at once here)

Phreddo 05-14-2008 01:54 AM

Mine sez HNPT, and i got it in the last 2 years.
where's the X?

worldisnotenough 05-15-2008 10:15 PM

I just talked to a lawyer and we were all wrong. The "X" endorsement is a divorce decree! who would have thunk?

Fredog 05-17-2008 03:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

T is multiple trailers. x is hazmat and tanker combo and m is motorcycle

lurchgs 05-17-2008 05:45 AM

yer all wrong.

X means Scully and Mulder will just wave you through

whitelinefever 10-05-2014 04:13 AM

LOL.....you people have waaay too much time on your hands!

Useless 10-05-2014 05:05 AM

X Convict??
X Scaped Convict??
X Wife??
X Girlfriend??
X Mother In Law??

VPIDarkAngel 12-07-2014 06:04 AM

Dang, I thought this was a new thread... until I saw the date. I knew about the X endorsement several years ago, but Virginia started doing it recently. I just had mine changed from HNT to XT recently.