Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Anyone heard of an "F" endorsement? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/29612-anyone-heard-f-endorsement.html)

Bonkers 09-12-2007 02:31 PM

Anyone heard of an "F" endorsement?

Just out of curiousity has anyone heard of an "F" endorsement for CDL? I know what it's 'supposed' to be for, but the DMV is telling me there is no such endorsement for a Class A license.

ben45750 09-12-2007 04:19 PM

In Ohio there is no F endorsement. There is a F in the license type which just means it's a duplicate license.

yoopr 09-12-2007 04:41 PM

I've never heard of it

Mackman 09-12-2007 07:39 PM

i know in PA there aint one

AbenInNashville 09-13-2007 12:08 AM

F endorsement in TN stands for "for hire" and is only issued on a class d license (personal vehicle license) They take it off of the CDL because you are already for hire as a commercial driver. I had the F endorsement on my license before obtaining a CDL and it really isn't worth anything. Just a written test and road test in you personal vehicle and it was yours

Hat Rak 09-13-2007 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbenInNashville
F endorsement in TN stands for "for hire" and is only issued on a class d license (personal vehicle license) They take it off of the CDL because you are already for hire as a commercial driver. I had the F endorsement on my license before obtaining a CDL and it really isn't worth anything. Just a written test and road test in you personal vehicle and it was yours

Just wanted to add to AbeninNashville's accurate post and say that non-CDL tow truck drivers require an F endorsement.

uglymutt 09-13-2007 03:09 AM

F on a cdl in some states is for FARM endorsement.......

in west virginia it is for motorcycle endorsement.....

new york has an F but also a R and a W endorsement.....

nickbtubas 09-15-2007 01:17 AM

female licensed to drive???

dbkevindb 09-16-2007 11:01 PM

To qualify for the "F" endorsement, a person must meet all of the following conditions:

1. The vehicle is controlled and operated by a farmer. Under the law, "farmer" also includes employees or family members of the farmer.
2. The vehicle is used to transport agricultural products, farm machinery, farm supplies, or a combination of these items to or from a farm.
3. The vehicle is not used as a contract motor carrier (i.e., for hire).
4. The vehicle is operated within 150 miles of the farm.
5. The vehicle being operated is a combination vehicle with a power unit having a GVWR over 26,000 pounds towing a trailer of any size.

Bonkers 09-17-2007 04:24 PM

Where did you find that listing? Its not what I thought, but would be a very creative interpretation if it holds true here.