Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Your ideas.... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/29595-your-ideas.html)

bigfoot2184 09-11-2007 06:16 PM

Your ideas....

I want to know what are my chances of getting a company to take me on? My info:

23 yrs old.

no cdl.

I will have 4 points on my record next month. I have not had a ticket in over a year.

1 Misitmeaner on my record for B&E of a car on Dec. 20, 2006. Sentanced April 2, 2007 for 6 month probation. i'm due to get off in a few weeks.

Now i know some about trucking, my dad has been doing it all his life.

Any company you think will take me on and paty for my cdl? I don't care who, or how long I have to drive for them...

Thanks for any feed back.

Jimbpard 09-11-2007 06:55 PM

Swift
Werner

YoungZ.W. 09-11-2007 08:06 PM

What is B&e of a car??? It sounds to me like you have chances of getting hired but you may have a harder time than most. Look into Swift, Schneider, Werner, Roehl, US Xpress, Stevens, and Covenant. Your best bet with the 1 misdemenor would probably be Schneider.

inmate1577 09-11-2007 08:07 PM

Dont even bother with Schneider.

Schneider Truck Driver Qualifications:

At least 21 years old with a good driving record for the past three years
Evaluation of any felony and misdemeanor convictions, particularly ones of moral turpitude (i.e. sexual assault, fraud, battery, etc.), as they relate to the job
Ability to pass a Department of Transportation physical and drug screen
Solid work history
No convictions for careless (of a higher degree) or reckless driving, alcohol or drugs

Moral Turpitude is a legal concept in the USA, which refers to "conduct that is considered contrary to community standards of justice, honesty, or good morals"

Uturn2001 09-11-2007 09:09 PM

B&E= Breaking and entering

The points on your lisc does not really mean anything in and of themselves because every state uses a different system to determine when a person has shown enough disregard for vehicle laws to have their DL suspended.

This is why companies want to know how many tickets and what they are for over a specific amount of time.

IMHO the B&E charge is going to be your biggest hurdle, especially since it is so new. In 5 years or so it may be less so.

bigfoot2184 09-12-2007 04:40 AM

man, that sucks. thats the only thing i ever did wrong... and I know how hard its getting a job... I'm in michigan where there is no jobs. and then doing this dumb shit didn't make things any better.

My old man told me to try us xpress and swift. i was just woundering if any other company's were better/easer to deal with or if they were a pain in the rear...

thanks.

Ridge Runner 09-12-2007 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfoot2184
man, that sucks. thats the only thing i ever did wrong... and I know how hard its getting a job... I'm in michigan where there is no jobs. and then doing this dumb $&!+ didn't make things any better.

My old man told me to try us xpress and swift. i was just woundering if any other company's were better/easer to deal with or if they were a pain in the rear...
thanks.

That pain in the rear you feel is YOU sticking it in your own a$$. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time does NOT just mean jail time. It also means the time you can't get a certain job. Trucking just happens to be one of them. I'm not saying you can't get a driving job right now BUT... It will most likely be a job that you will wind up in more trouble than you are in now; ie... Out-law outfit where you run illegal, VERY low pay, ect...

A lot of posters here are quick to say : "go to flipping burgers". Well I'm here to tell you there ain't nothing wrong with flipping burgers! It's HONEST work and as long as you have a plan to move up from there then GO FOR IT!!!

all18wheels 09-12-2007 06:14 AM

I think the best thing to do is call the companies like Swift, CR England Werner etc.

you can call their 800 numbers and talk to a recruiter directly. let them tell you what they will accept.

good luck man. and whatever you do, QUIT BREAKING THE LAW AND STOP GETTING TICKETS. or you WILL be flipping burgers

continental 09-12-2007 09:48 AM

You could be an Assistant Manager ( like everyone else) at Micky D's.
No money in it, but it's a chick magnet. :wink: