Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   SERIOUS question here..... (Help Needed) (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/28853-serious-question-here-help-needed.html)

ladydrifter 08-12-2007 12:06 AM

drink more water migraines are a way of telling you that fluids are needed just like leg cramps,also see a chiropractor they will do miracles!

fireman932003 08-12-2007 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladydrifter
drink more water migraines are a way of telling you that fluids are needed just like leg cramps,also see a chiropractor they will do miracles!

Not true. Yes, low fluid levels can be a cause for them, but not the sole reason. Blood pressure among other things can cause them. Cramps usually come from low iron in the system.

Useless 08-12-2007 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireman932003
Quote:

Originally Posted by ladydrifter

Fireman Wrote:
Not true. Yes, low fluid levels can be a cause for them, but not the sole reason. Blood pressure among other things can cause them. Cramps usually come from low iron in the system.

Useless Wrote:

Fireman and Ladydrifter:

Lack of fluids CAN be a cause or a contributing factor to migraine headaches, but as you poited out, there may be other contributing factors a well.

To say that "Ladydrifter's" comments are "Not True" is only a half truth in and of itself.

Lack of fluids and dehydration DO, in fact, deplete the caranuim of fluids that serve as natures "shock absorber", which serves as a buffer between the brain tissue and the bone masss of the skull.

At the same time, water alone will not always solve the problem. If electrolytes or pottassium levels are depleted, then the body's ability to "deliver the fluids where they are needed" is compromised as well.

The science of headaches, and particularly Migraine H/A's is very inexact. There are many different variables, some of which are known, many of which are unknown. Allergies, even viruses, as well as imbalances within the endocrine system can be contributing factors, buy the degrees of these parameters remains largely unknown.

There are many other contibuting factors as well, but empirical medical evidence CLEARLY supports reduction, and prefferably, complete elemination of cafiene, as well as increasing consumption of certain sports drinks such as Gatorade, and bananas can help as well.

As for Chiropractic care?? That MAY be an alternative, but only of the migraine is the result of spinal or skull allignment.

unkut2003 08-12-2007 01:33 AM

Well I've been to a Chiropractor and Neurologist..... both came back with negative readings for fluid build ups, neurological disorders, and anurisms (sp?). I really don't feel like typing my full diagnosis, but it boiled down to severe tension migraines.... with no known cure.... only drugs or remedies!!!

GMAN 08-12-2007 02:38 AM

Perhaps deep breathing could help you to relax and relieve some stress. Exercise can also help. If it is stress related, then you need to find a way to relieve some of the stress. Hot tea can sometimes help. Regular tea has helped me to get rid of a headache. Some people like green tea. One that is good is sleepy time. It relaxes me so much I can fall off to sleep.