Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers
You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Stupid Question (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/28777-stupid-question.html)

Moonshine454 08-06-2007 02:41 AM

Stupid Question

Hi everyone. I'm not exactly new to drivin', but I have been driving a 1978 and 1976 GMC dump trucks the last few years. These are the only trucks I have drivin. Well I got a new to me 1994 Kenworth T400 conversion dump truck. Anyway I can't find a dimmer switch for the head lights. The old truck had a switch on the floor, witch was never needed, because I never used it after dark. This truck may be used on longer hauls, so it may be out after dark. There are about ten other switches, but where would the Dimmer Switch be? Told ya it was a stupid question. Thanks. :?:

ceb 08-06-2007 02:44 AM

try the turn signal lever like on a car

Moonshine454 08-06-2007 02:48 AM

Thanks, I would but it is a universal replacement turn signal switch.

Part Time Dweller 08-06-2007 02:55 AM

There are two types, one with a button on the end of the lever, the other the lever pulls up. If it is neither of these, then someone put the wrong turn signal switch in.

Random_Facts 08-06-2007 04:50 AM

Remember there is no such thing as a stupid question...the only stupid question is the one not asked. =D (sorry to drift from the topic good replys though)

Moonshine454 08-06-2007 10:45 PM

It isn't there. I've looked everywhere and surely it had to have one to get inspected. Random I figured somebody would say that, so I used it to get attention. Thanks.

Mr. Ford95 08-06-2007 11:13 PM

While sitting with the truck off, turn the lights on and start hitting buttons until you find the right one.

yoopr 08-06-2007 11:35 PM

It's got to be there somewhere-good luck finding it :P
other than the normal places where it should be I don't have a clue
You know on the floor where it should normally be up near the firewall on the floor-maybe it's closer to the seat on the same side. Lift your floor matts and see if it's hiding under it.

Orangetxguy 08-06-2007 11:47 PM

It's a 94 KW product...the turn signal lever is the dimmer switch, as was previously pointed out. The lever should have either the button on the end or you should be able to lift it with your finger tips to activate the High/Lowbeam lights.

yoopr 08-06-2007 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy:
It's a 94 KW product...the turn signal lever is the dimmer switch, as was previously pointed out. The lever should have either the button on the end or you should be able to lift it with your finger tips to activate the High/Lowbeam lights.

that's what I was thinking but I thought he said it wasn't there