Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   So OHIO has this HAZMAT Law.... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/28475-so-ohio-has-hazmat-law.html)

unkut2003 07-24-2007 05:59 AM

So OHIO has this HAZMAT Law....

So Ohio has this HAZMAT law that requires an extensive background check, fingerprinting, and test of course. Now my question is, I went online to submit my application for processing on the background test, and it asked me which endorsement I was applying for.... H or X??? I didn't know which one to choose. I did further research and H is a HAZMAT endorsement and X is a HAZMAT endorsement in a tanker!!! So how does this work because sometimes I may be in a tanker and other times I may be in a VAN??? WTF???

HAWK91 07-24-2007 06:04 AM

i'm from calif. and was told it dosent matter cuz DMV will apply the proper endorsment on your CDL. mine came back ok on my CDL.

Uturn2001 07-24-2007 06:46 AM

H is hazmat
X is combination hazmat and tanker endorsements, not hazmat in a tanker. :roll:

unkut2003 07-24-2007 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uturn2001
H is hazmat
X is combination hazmat and tanker endorsements, not hazmat in a tanker. :roll:

I copy/pasted these from the O.D.O.T website. They seem to be a different endorsement. I know everything hauled in a tanker is NOT hazmat. Are you 100% positive though, because it's a $94 fee to apply and I have to pay via credit card NOW, haha!

H - authorizes the driver to drive a vehicle transporting hazardous materials in an amount requiring placarding.

X - authorizes the driver to drive tank vehicles transporting hazardous materials in a quantity requiring placarding.

Uturn2001 07-24-2007 07:09 AM

No I am not 100% positive. I am 200% positive on this.

What I am saying and what you read from the site is the same thing, just being said in two different ways.

BTW: That background check to get the hazmat endorsement is a federal law, not just Ohio.

unkut2003 07-24-2007 07:34 AM

Quote:

No I am not 100% positive. I am 200% positive on this.

What I am saying and what you read from the site is the same thing, just being said in two different ways.

BTW: That background check to get the hazmat endorsement is a federal law, not just Ohio.

Ok, so I'm going tomorrow to take the doubles/triples and tanker endorsement test. I'll then study the HAZMAT material for a few more days until I feel comfortable I'll pass. But in the mean time, I wanna get the background check/figer printing out of the way, so once I'm approved, I can go do the test, add all three endorsements and move on! So my questions is, when I go to this site and choose either H or X, I should choose X because it will cover me no matter what I carry a Hazerdous substane in.... correct???

Uturn2001 07-24-2007 09:44 AM

yes

unkut2003 07-24-2007 06:01 PM

Quote:

yes

THANKS.....DONE!!!

mike3fan 07-25-2007 04:11 AM

You would think that being a tank driver I would know this but,if I remember correctly the tank endorsment is N and the endorsment for tanker with hazmat is X.

Skywalker 07-27-2007 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike3fan
You would think that being a tank driver I would know this but,if I remember correctly the tank endorsment is N and the endorsment for tanker with hazmat is X.

You're right. :D You get a "kewpy doll"!! 8)