Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Looks like I'm back on the road again (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/28351-looks-like-im-back-road-again.html)

Blind Driver 07-19-2007 12:33 AM

Looks like I'm back on the road again

After driving a dump truck for 5 months, my back, knees and my poor kidneys can't take it anymore :cry: I don't know why anyone would drive one of these things by choice :roll:

So I called my old company, Summitt Trucking, and reapplied. 15 minutes later, they said "orientation is on monday!!". So here I go again. I lost many good local jobs because I don't have 2 years of solo otr experience. One was $18/hr working fri, sat, and sun nights. 10 hours evenings with ot after 8 hours a night. That made me realize that I must get back on the road. I have more of the county to see anyways. :wink:

Wish me luck 8)

DBW 07-19-2007 12:44 AM

BOL. :)

slowmoe20 07-19-2007 01:51 AM

Hey how is summit to work for anyways....I'm exploring my options. Do they allow pets????

Blind Driver 07-19-2007 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowmoe20
Hey how is summit to work for anyways....I'm exploring my options. Do they allow pets????

Yes, they allow pets. They always kept me moving. The NE back hauls were a pain. They use brokers. Seems like every brokered load had a problem :roll: . I don't like brokers :x

Oh, well. :wink:

Mackman 07-19-2007 02:48 AM

sorry you didnt like dumps i love them things BOL

TruckerChris 07-19-2007 10:23 AM

Re: Looks like I'm back on the road again

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Driver
After driving a dump truck for 5 months, my back, knees and my poor kidneys can't take it anymore :cry: I don't know why anyone would drive one of these things by choice :roll:

So I called my old company, Summitt Trucking, and reapplied. 15 minutes later, they said "orientation is on monday!!". So here I go again. I lost many good local jobs because I don't have 2 years of solo otr experience. One was $18/hr working fri, sat, and sun nights. 10 hours evenings with ot after 8 hours a night. That made me realize that I must get back on the road. I have more of the county to see anyways. :wink:

Wish me luck 8)

Exactly how I feel. See you on the road soon!

Blind Driver 07-24-2007 06:54 PM

Went to orientation, but they didn't like my minor rear end collision. A woman pass me the cut in front of me and slammed on her brake to get into a food mark 3 weeks ago :evil: . Nothing I could have done to prevent it. So now I get to look at other companies.

I called Crete and Knight so far, I guess I'll see if this is going to be an issue. I have a clean mvr.

Maybe I shouldn't have metioned it? I don't have anything on my mvr.
Any other suggestions? I need to get working soon :cry:

dtryanxpress 07-24-2007 07:07 PM

Re: Looks like I'm back on the road again

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Driver

Wish me luck 8)

trash driver sounds hard,whats so hard about it and did it smell bad? :?

BOL

slowmoe20 07-24-2007 07:48 PM

I really hate that companies do that I think they should not pull you into orientation until they are 100^% sure they are going to hire you. Did u have any luck with Crete? I enjoyed working for them so much I am now going back. I will miss the freedom I have as an owner operator....like the ability to go the speed limit, but the benies make it all worthwhile.

PS. When you get to orientation with crete you have the job. At least that's the way it was when I was there. I pulled a load to orientation.

BOL

Blind Driver 07-24-2007 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowmoe20
I really hate that companies do that I think they should not pull you into orientation until they are 100^% sure they are going to hire you. Did u have any luck with Crete? I enjoyed working for them so much I am now going back. I will miss the freedom I have as an owner operator....like the ability to go the speed limit, but the benies make it all worthwhile.

PS. When you get to orientation with crete you have the job. At least that's the way it was when I was there. I pulled a load to orientation.

BOL

I sent in the online application to Crete, verbal app to Knight. I'll call them both tomorrow morning if I don't hear anything by tonight.
At least I got lunch out of it yesterday :roll: . I wonder if they'll be sending me a bill for it :wink: