Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Best Companies for Driver Training and Hiring (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/27925-best-companies-driver-training-hiring.html)

tracy385 06-27-2007 07:24 AM

Best Companies for Driver Training and Hiring

Any suggestions for companies??? I dont have my CDL yet but definatley want to get into the industry and I dont want to waste my time talking to recruiters who BS you just to get you there. I am looking for a company that pays decent and good benefits. Im not too worried about home time seems how i dont have any kids or anything (at least none that i know of) I want to try my best to get with a good company at first cause i really dont like jumping companies. Also, what are some of your oppinions on a lease/purchase programs??

Thanks for everything in advance.

-Tracy

Uturn2001 06-27-2007 09:18 AM

Quote:

Also, what are some of your oppinions on a lease/purchase programs??
Complete rip offs. You have a far better chance of making millions on the Vegas strip than you do have successfully completing a lease purchase deal.

inmate1577 06-27-2007 02:14 PM

Re: Best Companies for Driver Training and Hiring

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracy385
Any suggestions for companies??? I dont have my CDL yet but definatley want to get into the industry and I dont want to waste my time talking to recruiters who BS you just to get you there. I am looking for a company that pays decent and good benefits. Im not too worried about home time seems how i dont have any kids or anything (at least none that i know of) I want to try my best to get with a good company at first cause i really dont like jumping companies. Also, what are some of your oppinions on a lease/purchase programs??

Thanks for everything in advance.

-Tracy

SNI is a good company to start with for training. But as mentioned, stay from "fleece" purchase its a scam. I'll give SNI this, they never have pushed "fleece" purchase, its available but not talked about much.

larz0142 06-27-2007 02:15 PM

So does that mean that they are ok to lease from or are all lease a fleece???

inmate1577 06-27-2007 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larz0142
So does that mean that they are ok to lease from or are all lease a fleece???

I dont know, I dont want lease a truck anymore than I'd lease a car.
All your doing is paying rent to deliver their stuff.
Go company and get efficient at the job before you think about leasing.

Skywalker 06-28-2007 01:57 AM

"Leases" are done only for the benefit of the company. Almost all of them are "rip-offs". Stay away form them at all costs. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true.....then it is.

If I had the slightest inclination to be an Owner Operator, I would buy my tractor and possibly lease on to a company, or get my own authority. But I would never "lease a truck" from a trucking company.

On the other topic... a good company to start with is CFI. They have a school arrangement. It is different than the others. If you are accepted into the program, you pay $1000.00 of the school cost, they pay the balance, but you do not have a contract binding you to serve an indentured servitude to pay off anything. If you want more information about it, call 1-800-641-4748 and speak with Christine Lathan in Recruiting. Tell her "Skywalker" sent you.
There is no referral money in it for me.... I'm not a recruiter, and I don't work for CFI. I did drive for them for 7 years and know the company well. And the only reason I left was due to needing to be closer to home because of my wife's health issues, otherwise I would still be there.

You can also go to http://www.cfidrivers.com and log on and read a lot about the company from Drivers and Students there, and ask questions about the company. You can also do a search on this site for information about CFI and get alot of information about them.