Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   going to schneider (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/27924-going-schneider.html)

twinturbo 06-27-2007 06:06 AM

going to schneider

Well thought it be easier to find a job but everyone wants exp..So from Canada going to go with schneider figure be better driver with the extra training stick it out see how i like it get some exp.. deide from there.. Im a rookie and i know in this career your always learing.. Hope im making right decission ..

inmate1577 06-27-2007 02:12 PM

Re: going to schneider

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinturbo
Well thought it be easier to find a job but everyone wants exp..So from Canada going to go with schneider figure be better driver with the extra training stick it out see how i like it get some exp.. deide from there.. Im a rookie and i know in this career your always learing.. Hope im making right decission ..

You are making a wise choice. You wont find the perfect company to start with and SNI isnt any exception but they are strict on safety and following federal rules and regs. NO logbook "fudging" or any other nonsense.

BanditsCousin 06-27-2007 04:35 PM

End Mexican trucking legislation in 1 minute of your time!!

Ian Williams 06-27-2007 04:56 PM

You could do a lot worse than pumpkin for a 1st job.

They don't way all that much but they run safe & legal, have good training and don't promote fleece purchase.

continental 06-28-2007 10:49 AM

:roll: Once again, please refrain from using the word career
in association with trucking. Am I the only one that thinks it is
a dead end job? :roll:

Doghouse 06-28-2007 11:51 AM

Check out www.pumpkindriver.com if you have'nt already.

madpuppy 06-28-2007 12:52 PM

sn

8) I don`t work for them, I`m pretty much local now a days,but I do look at some of the ads for different companies from time to time and what they offer sounds good to me . A fellow at my church went to work for them he liked it but he was never home.So if you just want to get some windshield time, you will get it there fo sho!!! Good luck.

BanditsCousin 06-28-2007 02:28 PM

Theres a lot worse choices to be made than Schneider National. I think you'll be happy there too. Good luck :P

devildice 06-28-2007 05:45 PM

Congrats and best of luck!!! :)

ssoutlaw 06-28-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by continental
:roll: Once again, please refrain from using the word career
in association with trucking. Am I the only one that thinks it is
a dead end job? :roll:

No offence, but in 30 yrs I have made much better than average pay in my driving career. Homes, new cars, motorcycles, not just for me but my kids were raised riding also! In another year, I am buying property and am moving to FL to reserve my spot before I am to old to enjoy it....lol
Make this business give you what you want!! It’s here and waiting for you to make it what you want it to be!!! Its been said here before, a job is what you make it……………….