Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Paying Dues creates BIG hearts (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/27882-paying-dues-creates-big-hearts.html)

K9 06-25-2007 02:23 AM

Paying Dues creates BIG hearts

I posted a thread below and ... where else but in a field like this would your co-workers lend you a hand like those who reached out and offered advice when I needed it?

I'm a rookie ... and I've only been looking at the industry for two months ... but what I see looks ... damn good.

I was sinking. A recuriter at Arrow Trucking in Tulsa, Oklahoma finally offered me a chance. Amazing how much emotional drama was involved with the five days we spent testing and being evaluated by Arrow.

They have us at a motel and now... those of us who remain, are waiting for our trainer trucks. THEY HAVE GREAT EQUIPMENT!

After the old dinasours I've been driving, it may take me a few ... um ... days to get the much lower shifting range down smothly. If the trainer doesn't kick me off the truck in two weeks, it'll be a month before I return to Tulsa for the final testing out.

Then I'll get my own truck. Man ... I'm surprised at how pretty Oklahoma is. VERY fertile soil. Almost tropical.

God is good ... and so is trucking. No, this isn't for the faint of heart, but ... well ... many thanks to everyone. When the week was over and they started passing out our employee cards, you could look into the eyes of those who've known hard times. The room was quiet. More than one set of eyes were moist.

Phantom433a 06-25-2007 04:43 AM

congrats K9 and I wish you luck, been there myself before. If you ever get along I-40 and see a white international flatbed with Truline on the door....look at the front of the fender and see if its 1249....if so, give me a blast. Not often I run with the cb on.

4roses 06-25-2007 06:22 AM

congrats K9 ... I'm glad to hear things are going good for you at Arrow .. that office is only about 7 miles from where I live. So I know what you mean about Oklahoma being pretty ... actually it is ! ... We have the Red Earth area in the pan handle ... wet lands ... and mountains in the south east of the state.

Drive safe and learn all you can. :wink:

larz0142 06-25-2007 01:55 PM

I got a tear in my just thinking about it...Congrats K9!!!!

mapleleaf_1 06-25-2007 04:52 PM

I wish you all the best K9. :)

Jimbpard 06-25-2007 09:03 PM

Damn straight K9!

That post reminded me of myself in a way...

I'm sure you'll do great with Arrow. You seem like you got a good attitude. They look like a good company.
How long they keep you out?

Again, congrats, learn & have fun!