Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   question (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/27639-question.html)

abc123 06-12-2007 08:40 PM

question

new question here

Rev.Vassago 06-12-2007 08:43 PM

Re: question

Quote:

Originally Posted by abc123
im not a driver but i have some questions after visiting some company websites.

1. when they write 100% fuel surcharge, does that mean they pay for all fuel?

No. That means that the entire fuel surcharge goes to owner operator. When you find a company that will pay for all of an owner operator's fuel, let me know.

Quote:

2. when they say 70% pay per load, how do you know how much the load really is, or does it have paperwork?
Most companies that pay percentage have it written in the lease agreement that you can view the revenue from a load to make sure that you are getting paid correctly.

Quote:

3. it seems that when any company comes up in discussion they are all bad, what companys do you guys think are good to drive for?
C.R. England.

Quote:

4. is it good to buy a new truck or used when going o/o
Yes.

larz0142 06-12-2007 10:12 PM

C.R. England...Man you guys don't give newbs like us any breaks...lol I have been scanning this site enough to know to stay away from England...

Double R 06-12-2007 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larz0142
C.R. England...Man you guys don't give newbs like us any breaks...lol I have been scanning this site enough to know to stay away from England...

O.k. Then. Go with PRIME. I hear they are a great company to start with and you can lease a truck from them. :wink:

fireman932003 06-12-2007 11:11 PM

No No No. You all have it wrong.........Werner is the way to go!! That .25CPM is the best there is!

Rev.Vassago 06-12-2007 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireman932003
No No No. You all have it wrong.........Werner is the way to go!! That .25CPM is the best there is!

Nope - I'm sticking with CRE and their lease purchase plan. I'll be rolling in the Benjamins by this time next year!!!!!

fireman932003 06-12-2007 11:19 PM

Well Well Well. You just go ahead and be a CRE groupie!! LOL While you are "Rolling" in those couple of dollars I will be sitting at the truckstop praying for you......while I am waiting for a 300 mile load! Now that's some HIGH MILES there buddy!!!!! I know I know, you wish you could be me!

Double R 06-12-2007 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:

Nope - I'm sticking with CRE and their lease purchase plan. I'll be rolling in the Benjamins by this time next year!!!!!

Go ahead with CRE lease purchase plan. I'm sticking with PRIME and going to pretend that I am a O/O. My lease purchase is better then yours. :D

Rev.Vassago 06-12-2007 11:22 PM

Quote:

Well Well Well. You just go ahead and be a CRE groupie!! LOL While you are "Rolling" in those couple of dollars I will be sitting at the truckstop praying for you......while I am waiting for a 300 mile load! Now that's some HIGH MILES there buddy!!!!! I know I know, you wish you could be me!

In reality, when those "git-r-dun" drivers in the CRE trucks pass me, I chuckle to myself, knowing that I'm earning a hell of a lot more than they are for every mile my wheels turn. :lol:

BigDiesel 06-13-2007 12:33 AM

Its my understanding that CRE guarentees a 100% fuel surcharge if you sign on their Tier 100 Lease purchase plan.