Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Hauling fuel for Pilot, Loves, Flying J (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/27592-hauling-fuel-pilot-loves-flying-j.html)

dew 06-09-2007 07:55 PM

Hauling fuel for Pilot, Loves, Flying J

Hey guys. I was just wondering if any of you knew any information about working for one of these companies. I would like to eventually get on with them as they probably pay well? and would let me be home everyday. Does anyone know how they pay, what the working conditions are like and how they treat their drivers? How much experience do you have to have to get on with them? Who do you talk to about it? Thanks in advance.

BanditsCousin 06-09-2007 07:57 PM

I saw a flyer at a flying J one time for driving positions. It require like 18months- 3 years experience and they required you work irregular routes with a little otr (layover) until you got an assigned pull/route.

Not sure on the pay.

HTH- bandit

Uturn2001 06-09-2007 08:05 PM

Pilot Fuel Transport

Gemini Transport

Flying J Driving Jobs

As you can see, with most of these positions you have to live in the right area.

driver67373 06-09-2007 08:40 PM

By the way, love the Akira-class starship avatar :)

ronjon619 06-09-2007 09:19 PM

Re: Hauling fuel for Pilot, Loves, Flying J

Quote:

Originally Posted by dew
I would like to eventually get on with them as they probably pay well?

Why would you think this?

fireman932003 06-09-2007 10:17 PM

I drove for Pilot in Haubstadt Indiana for about 6 months. They do pay well....when they pay you.......and the equipment is good. You get paid by the hour which for me was around 13.00 hr. They keep track of your time using a little key that plugs into the computer/log system on the truck. When you finish each day, you take it into the store and plug into the terminal and it downloads all the log data and times and shoots it to corporate. My only beef with them was pay problems. I went three weeks one time without pay and a few times my check even bounced due to them not transfering the funds into the payroll acount in time. Insurance was ok but expensive.

Uturn2001 06-09-2007 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driver67373
By the way, love the Akira-class starship avatar :)

Get your eyes checked. That is not an Akira class. :P :wink:

Cluggy619 06-09-2007 11:00 PM

The fuel transport industry does pay well, some better than others. Where are you at? If we knew where your location was, we can give you more information.

Here in the DFW area, there are alot of different transport companies, most are looking for drivers. Some pay by the hour, some by the load.

You can check out the site of my posting below for a general idea.

Good luck.

Odie 06-10-2007 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireman932003
I drove for Pilot in Haubstadt Indiana for about 6 months. They do pay well....when they pay you.......and the equipment is good. You get paid by the hour which for me was around 13.00 hr. They keep track of your time using a little key that plugs into the computer/log system on the truck. When you finish each day, you take it into the store and plug into the terminal and it downloads all the log data and times and shoots it to corporate. My only beef with them was pay problems. I went three weeks one time without pay and a few times my check even bounced due to them not transfering the funds into the payroll acount in time. Insurance was ok but expensive.

Seriously, is that considered good pay for your area????

I drove fuel for a small company and it started at like $18.50 hr. We were on the lower end of the pay scale for Fuel tankers in my area too. I am not bragging, I am just wondering exactly what I asked.

DD60 06-10-2007 05:19 AM

You get paid by the hour which for me was around 13.00 hr

That is good pay? :shock: Pulling a fuel tanker?? :lol: That isn't even 30k a year unless you put in a lot of overtime. Definitely not worth the pay for pulling a tanker.