Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Run away truck ramps. (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/27120-run-away-truck-ramps.html)

golfhobo 06-03-2007 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssoutlaw
Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What we NEED is a runaway "posting" ramp!! :wink:

Talk about "losing your brakes!" :lol: :lol:

We need a sign that reads: "Truckers: 100% DEgrade ahead - Sharp tongues - Twisting words - No Center stripe - Rough road - Check your BRAKES!!! "

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, Im guilty what do I have to do to make it up to you HOBO....lol

Not pointing any fingers, Outlaw!! I've been guilty of it myself several times! :lol: :wink:

Just couldn't resist the irony of the thread title and the tone of the thread! 8)

But, if you INSIST on contrition...... you can start by stuffing a frog down your shirt!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ssoutlaw 06-03-2007 05:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What we NEED is a runaway "posting" ramp!! :wink:

Talk about "losing your brakes!" :lol: :lol:

We need a sign that reads: "Truckers: 100% DEgrade ahead - Sharp tongues - Twisting words - No Center stripe - Rough road - Check your BRAKES!!! "

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, Im guilty what do I have to do to make it up to you HOBO....lol

Not pointing any fingers, Outlaw!! I've been guilty of it myself several times! :lol: :wink:

Just couldn't resist the irony of the thread title and the tone of the thread! 8)

But, if you INSIST on contrition...... you can start by stuffing a frog down your shirt!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No I wont...lol I only did that down the GIRLS shirts, or hell in my time mostly the girls dresses....lol I know you didnt point a finger, I pointed my own....lol :lol:

ssoutlaw 06-03-2007 05:32 PM

Alright this thread is Appling steady brake pressure and the SMOKE is gone...lol :lol: :lol: :oops:

golfhobo 06-03-2007 05:48 PM

Quote:

Alright this thread is Appling steady brake pressure and the SMOKE is gone...lol :lol: :lol: :oops:

ORANGE you trying to say "applying?" :lol:

Okay.... I'll stop STABBING now! :wink:

ssoutlaw 06-03-2007 05:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

ORANGE you trying to say "applying?" :lol:

Okay.... I'll stop STABBING now! :wink:

Dam, did it again....lol Thanks for the correction...... Now quit mocking meeeee....lol 8) Did you hear that noise????

Sizzle 06-03-2007 06:21 PM

Wow!!! Never a dull moment on this forum. I was going to contribute my .02 but was rather concerned I would be the "newbie" gettting picked on. But here goes, I guess I'm a big girl and can take it.

I live in Colorado and when I was in trucking school 3 years ago they told us that if we hit the ramp in Colorado it was a $2,000 wreckless driving fine and ticket. Then it costs $100s of dollar a foot to tow us out. The fine & ticket wouldn't be given if it was proven that it was the malfunction of the brakes and not driver error.

Frankly, I think it is ridiculous to fine someone so high when something far worse could happen if you don't hit the ramp. For instance, wiping out some of those four wheelers.

Personally, even though, I'm admitting right up front to any Super Truckers/Senior Truckers I'm a newbie I have driven the Western Mountains extensively since I live out here. I have only had smelly hot brakes [didn't smoke em] once, the first month I was a driver. I was coming out of Oregon on I-5 into California. Someone had taught me to alternate the Johnson Brake with the foot brake coming down Cabbage. Well, that might have worked on Cabbage but it didn't on I-5. I now know that I was damn lucky I didn't burn up the trailer brakes before that episode. BAD ADVICE!!!

I now drive a Volvo with a three stage Jake and have only had to apply the foot brake going down a hill a very few times. It seems to me if you start down the hill in the right gear, you should be able to ride the jakes without ever applying the foot brake whether it's the stabbing & braking method or the steady pressure method. I don't think you should have to utilize the foot brake at all? 8) :lol: :wink:

Meat Wagon 06-03-2007 07:25 PM

SSOUTLAW......

I appreciate the content and tone of your response. Have a good weekend alao :D .

ssoutlaw 06-03-2007 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meat Wagon
SSOUTLAW......

I appreciate the content and tone of your response. Have a good weekend alao :D .

We all get caught up in what is so passionate to us...Thanks for calling me out on it, back to life now….lol :)

shanhamm 06-03-2007 09:09 PM

This thread reminds me of this sign...

http://www.comedy-zone.net/pictures/...ns/sign014.jpg

ssoutlaw 06-03-2007 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shanhamm
This thread reminds me of this sign...

http://www.comedy-zone.net/pictures/...ns/sign014.jpg

Too funny....lol :lol: