Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   juvenile record (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/26462-juvenile-record.html)

Wisenheimer 04-22-2007 09:37 PM

juvenile record

Hello,

iam needing some help with a kind of grey area. If i have a felony juvenile record am i obligated to disclose that on a job application. The felony was 16 years ago.

glasman2 04-22-2007 09:51 PM

Re: juvenile record

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisenheimer
Hello,

iam needing some help with a kind of grey area. If i have a felony juvenile record am i obligated to disclose that on a job application. The felony was 16 years ago.

If you were smart...... you would have sealed your record the day you turned 18, then you wouldn't be asking this question.

Fredog 04-22-2007 09:51 PM

Quote:

Hello,

most applications say they need a 10 year history. they might say have you EVER been convicted of a felony. in that case I would tell the truth

glasman2 04-22-2007 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:

Hello,

most applications say they need a 10 year history. they might say have you EVER been convicted of a felony. in that case I would tell the truth

Yup.... stay away from any company that says "EVER"

Fredog 04-22-2007 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glasman2
Quote:

Hello,

If you were smart...... you would have sealed your record the day you turned 18, then you wouldn't be asking this question.

some states dont give you that option, I have a 35 year old felony in Florida, the judge ordered adjudication of guilt withheld, meaning it would not be on my record< when I moved to georgia, I applied for a gun permit. guess what? denied because of the previous felony. they said I could go to florida and ask the judge to remove it, I doubt if he is even still alive.

ben45750 04-22-2007 10:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hello,

I listen to Bill handel "handle on the law" on XM. Your juvenile records are sealed automatically. The only way someone can get them is for you to give them authorization to do so. If you get into trouble after you turn 18, those records also cannot be used against you.

Not an issue, don't worry about it. Unless it was murder?

ben45750 04-22-2007 10:07 PM

Quote:

[ I have a 35 year old felony in Florida, the judge ordered adjudication of guilt withheld

It happened in Juvenile court? the felony?

got mud? 04-22-2007 10:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hello,

some states dont give you that option, I have a 35 year old felony in Florida, the judge ordered adjudication of guilt withheld, meaning it would not be on my record< when I moved to georgia, I applied for a gun permit. guess what? denied because of the previous felony. they said I could go to florida and ask the judge to remove it, I doubt if he is even still alive.

a gun permit and a few jobs like law enforcement are the only people that can look into a sealed juvenile record.

Wisenheimer 04-22-2007 10:36 PM

ty for all replies,

Still unsurre what to do. thinking someone out there must have had a similar situation. oh, my felony is not for murder.

ben45750 04-22-2007 10:41 PM

Quote:

ty for all replies,

Still unsurre what to do. thinking someone out there must have had a similar situation. oh, my felony is not for murder.

if your unsure, get on some of these websites and pay to get a back ground check done on you. A local PI would also be able to get a extensive background check on you. It would be well worth the money. As far as an employment check, you should be ok.