Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   surly not all co work like this (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/26010-surly-not-all-co-work-like.html)

millersod215 04-11-2007 06:59 PM

you might want to take a look at Commercial Carriers, not their local division, but their OTR division, they stay busy and are on dedicated accounts that give you good miles, and get you home on the weekends, just a thought, it beats the hell out of staying out 2 to 3 weeks at a time. I can answer your questions about them if you have any, i worked for them in 05.

rickstephens 04-12-2007 04:39 PM

thanks gyspy and miller gyspy do want u need to do i think just try to get some btw time and miller in my class in dec od 06 there were 185 people going threw orientation alone i will look into com carriers thanks

jnk2001 04-12-2007 06:10 PM

Re: breakdown

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickstephens
well as of fri the 6 i left swift with the trk sitting at greer term been sitting there since tue they did sch maintance wed late in the day while it was in the shop they found water pump leak and manafold leak so they said it would be at least till tue the 10th so they put me back in service with those problems well this was thur afternoon by now about 330 pm they sent me a ld to run 34 miles when i got there the trk temp waas about 220 they said no problem get back to term ok. fri am my dm said shop said ok to run so they wanted me to run 900 mile with 39,000 threw s and n carolina but u see had to be in court mon for xwife issure and my son so i felt could not take chance of brking dn ok the dm said hey look at it this way if u brk dn on the way to rockford ill at least your be on your way to indiana so i told them trk was in the yard find some other fool to work for u now. yes im pissed at swift. but i tried to work for them and all they did was s..t on me instead of getting me to indiana they keep trying to send me every where else. now i dont know alot about motor problems but i felt like a water pump was or could be a huge problem looks like i am going to try marten out of wi. maybe the reefer will keep me busy and for anybody going to swift they promise 25to 3000 miles i never turned dn a ld avg 1700 a week and two of my friends ran about the same u will starve on 400 a week..

I see working for swift hasn't changed in 10 yrs.... :lol: :lol:

Drivers are the bottom feeders at swift when it is the drivers that make the money. go figure! :? As for finding a trlr, thats always been a problem with them. they're either loaded, or someone has put theeir lock on them. :roll:

BanditsCousin 04-17-2007 06:30 PM

Re: breakdown

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickstephens
well as of fri the 6 i left swift with the trk sitting at greer term been sitting there since tue they did sch maintance wed late in the day while it was in the shop they found water pump leak and manafold leak so they said it would be at least till tue the 10th so they put me back in service with those problems well this was thur afternoon by now about 330 pm they sent me a ld to run 34 miles when i got there the trk temp waas about 220 they said no problem get back to term ok. fri am my dm said shop said ok to run so they wanted me to run 900 mile with 39,000 threw s and n carolina but u see had to be in court mon for xwife issure and my son so i felt could not take chance of brking dn ok the dm said hey look at it this way if u brk dn on the way to rockford ill at least your be on your way to indiana so i told them trk was in the yard find some other fool to work for u now. yes im pissed at swift. but i tried to work for them and all they did was s..t on me instead of getting me to indiana they keep trying to send me every where else. now i dont know alot about motor problems but i felt like a water pump was or could be a huge problem looks like i am going to try marten out of wi. maybe the reefer will keep me busy and for anybody going to swift they promise 25to 3000 miles i never turned dn a ld avg 1700 a week and two of my friends ran about the same u will starve on 400 a week..

Is it just me, or did you only use 4 ".'s" (periods) in that whole paragraph, with 2 of them at the very end????

rickstephens 04-18-2007 12:47 AM

sorry

sorry teacher did not ....... thuinkns i wasin still in schooling.... and. who. gives. a. s.h.-t how../ or w.h.e.rr.i put the ......................