Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Freightliner's Midroof XT sleepers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/25410-freightliners-midroof-xt-sleepers.html)

thms542004 03-08-2007 01:38 AM

Freightliner's Midroof XT sleepers

Can a 6'0 person stand straight up in a Midroof XT sleeper without bumping his or her head?

TK THE TRUCKER 03-08-2007 01:52 AM

Yes. I had a mid roof for a while when I worked at Marten and if I remember right when I stood up straight there was about an inch to spare. I'm 6'1". 8)

tdriver1959 03-08-2007 01:57 AM

I know the mid size roof truck we have i had to bend my head down to stand up in them. I'm about 5-10 tall. I like having the condo instead, and enjoy the room to move around.

03-08-2007 02:05 AM

Re: Freightliner's Midroof XT sleepers

Quote:

Originally Posted by thms542004
Can a 6'0 person stand straight up in a Midroof XT sleeper without bumping his or her head?

The last OTR outfit I was with got in a new batch of Centuries one day. Bossman put me in one of em' and I couldn't believe what a cheap POS it was: plastic this, fake-wood paneling that, pleather as far as the eye could see. Damn thing shook, rattled, rolled, and squeaked from the get-go. I don't know how you guys hobble down the road all the livelong day in those castrated freightshakers. Newbies seem to love em'.

Uturn2001 03-08-2007 07:26 AM

The XT models are taller than the standard midroof. I believe they have about 74 inches of headroom, pretty much the same as the "skyrise" sleepers that International put out.

wrangler69 03-08-2007 12:18 PM

Well Its Beyond Me Frosty. 8)

arky 03-10-2007 07:54 PM

I'm driving a midroof XT now and yes it has plenty of headroom for a 6' tall driver. I'm guessing a 6'6" tall driver cuould stand up in it.

emerlin 03-10-2007 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
Quote:

The last OTR outfit I was with got in a new batch of Centuries one day. Bossman put me in one of em' and I couldn't believe what a cheap POS it was: plastic this, fake-wood paneling that, pleather as far as the eye could see. Damn thing shook, rattled, rolled, and squeaked from the get-go. I don't know how you guys hobble down the road all the livelong day in those castrated freightshakers. Newbies seem to love em'.

What would you suggest?

BigBird01 03-11-2007 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emerlin
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
Quote:

What would you suggest?

Volvo... I drove a century for a week and hated it while my truck was in the shop. Im glad I got my volvo back, alot of people hate volvo. But to me it has a nicer ride and alot quieter inside while driving. And alot of extras for drivers.

GMAN 03-11-2007 12:42 PM

I am 6'2" and can stand up in one of them without my head touching the roof.