Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Solo at last! Goodbye Mentor hello open road! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/24908-solo-last-goodbye-mentor-hello-open-road.html)

Krzysztof 02-17-2007 09:22 PM

Solo at last! Goodbye Mentor hello open road!

Yes, I was officially released to solo status yesterday after finding out that I had spent 3 extra days on a mentor truck due to one of the ladies in Driver Services being a moron and not knowing how to count 2 Mondays ago lol.

Anyways, I got released about noon (PHX time) was told that they wouldn't have a truck for me until monday/tuesday of next week. I wandered around and ended up over at Tractor Assignment and found myself a truck. Its a lil old ('03 Columbia) but its in amazing shape. I'm not talking about just looks... I worked on Semi's for 6 years and I'm still an ASE Certified Master Diesel Technician. Before I signed for it I took it to the shop and borrowed a creeper from one of the tech's there so I could roll under it. Gave it a really good inspection. Only found a couple of small things that I'm going to have addressed later today/tommorow prior to being dispatched on Monday morning, but given its age she's in great shape. AND its a F/L! WOOT! No POS Volvo for me! (NO offense to the Volvo drivers out there... but you've gotta know what I"m talkin about... all of the wiring issues, engine troubles the volvo's have been having etc...).

SO yeah. I just came on to post that I'm solo so the world officially became a little more dangerous. If you see a Swift Freightliner haulin down the road and your CB crackles to life with a driver going by the handle "pocket rocket" then hit me up.

Keep it safe out there everyone. Catch ya on the flipside!

glasman2 02-17-2007 09:33 PM

Congrats Krzysztof, hope to see you out and about 1 day.
I know what you look like.... :P

ssoutlaw 02-17-2007 09:38 PM

Good for you my friend, be safe and have FUN.......

Mtc_Is_Hell 02-17-2007 09:49 PM

Congrats man!

Just don't drive like the swift example's I see everyday. I do have a question I have a Swift truck on my left side and seems every 20 mins or so it starts up then shuts off moments later. Do all swift trucks have this idle system? Seems it would be hard to sleep that way.

BigBird01 02-17-2007 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mtc_Is_Hell
Congrats man!

Just don't drive like the swift example's I see everyday. I do have a question I have a Swift truck on my left side and seems every 20 mins or so it starts up then shuts off moments later. Do all swift trucks have this idle system? Seems it would be hard to sleep that way.

Unfortunately yeah, they have opti-idle, TAS or whatever you want to call it. I have disabled mine a few times.... But you learn to get use to it, I know when I first started driving and was getting use to it. I woke up all night long thinking I was rolling away or someone hit me. But after awhile you don't even notice it... I think alot of the major carriers use it but not sure.

Also congrats Krzysztof, im sure I will see ya around somewhere. Im at home atm my truck is broke and at the dealer. Haven't even asked for a loaner yet. Figured I could use some good home time... :D

larryh31 02-17-2007 10:20 PM

Congrats on making it through training. Now the fun really begins :lol:
Just be careful out there, especially in bad weather.

devildice 02-17-2007 10:24 PM

CONGRATS!!!!!!! :rock:

02-17-2007 11:27 PM

Be Safe and Have Fun !!!! 8)

Jackrabbit379 02-17-2007 11:30 PM

Good luck. Be careful. I hope, Swift treats ya good.

Eagle Eye 02-18-2007 12:02 AM

Congrats Krzysztof!! You da Man! I am going out with my finisher with CFI tomorrow! BE SAFE OUT THERE!