Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Comchecks - Where to get them? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/24850-comchecks-where-get-them.html)

Lucas 02-15-2007 12:12 PM

Comchecks - Where to get them?

Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me of a place where I could order Comchecks. My wife is the one driving, but we both use them from time to time, and her company's office refuses to pass out more than three (!) at any given time, citing expenses.

I've looked online, but the search engines only want to give me websites detailing court cases of Comcheck fraud.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've seen booklets of the things, just like for regular checks, but I don't know where to get them.

Lucas

kc0iv 02-15-2007 12:48 PM

Re: Comchecks - Where to get them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas
Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me of a place where I could order Comchecks. My wife is the one driving, but we both use them from time to time, and her company's office refuses to pass out more than three (!) at any given time, citing expenses.

I've looked online, but the search engines only want to give me websites detailing court cases of Comcheck fraud.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've seen booklets of the things, just like for regular checks, but I don't know where to get them.

Lucas

Call them at 1-800-COMDATA they should be able to set you up.

kc0iv

dle 02-15-2007 02:16 PM

Sometimes you can pick up a couple from truck stops.

Lucas 02-15-2007 04:08 PM

If you remember ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dle
Sometimes you can pick up a couple from truck stops.

Yeah, sometimes you can get a few from truck stops, if they're willing to give out more than one or two... and if the person who is on the road actually remembers to ask for them. ;)

Fredog 02-15-2007 07:03 PM

Re: Comchecks - Where to get them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas
Hi there,

Lucas

most trucksstops if you just give them the number, they will print a comcheck

PackRatTDI 02-15-2007 08:07 PM

I used to have several books of comcheks on hand. I left one with my mom so she could cash them to pay my bills. Do companies not do that anymore?

Sealord 02-15-2007 08:09 PM

ComCheck

Good comment PackRatTDI. I'm guessing since ther're are Comdata cards, some companies feel paper Comchecks aren't needed.
I got a couple booklets of 'em somewhere too. BOL

BanditsCousin 02-16-2007 04:43 AM

I have a bunch of booklets. Ask around at the truckstop, someone like me would help you out. I rarely use them, but they came in handy when I was at college long ago and needed some cashola from pops.

PackRatTDI 02-16-2007 08:33 PM

Re: ComCheck

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sealord
Good comment PackRatTDI. I'm guessing since ther're are Comdata cards, some companies feel paper Comchecks aren't needed.
I got a couple booklets of 'em somewhere too. BOL

That's one thing we could pick up at Drivers Services, supplies of log books, trip paperwork, envelopes and comcheks.

Maybe it had to do with the nature of the business. I worked for Stevens and we encountered a lot of lumper fees. Nearly all were paid by comchek.