Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Most memorable thing you've seen while driving? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/24724-most-memorable-thing-youve-seen-while-driving.html)

Mack2 02-15-2007 08:49 PM

There have been three things that stand out clearly in my mind.

1) A tanker truck had pulled out of a store but hadn't seen the pickup coming from the left. The pickup couldn't stop and went under the tanker completely taking the top off the truck needless to say the guy driving the pickup was dead.

2) Coming off of I95 at the 301 and Kenly exit in NC.

We had our F350 pulling flatbed goseneck with my Uncle's wrecked F350 on it when a van that was stopped on the side of the ramp pulled right out in front of us. We would have killed them if dad didn't hit the brakes as hard as he did the trailer almost jackknifed but dad saved it somehow.

3) A Freightliner laying on it's side up against the guard rail with the driver pinned inside.

Granted I'm only 17 but these are all things I've seen while riding with my Dad.

KD7MIR 02-16-2007 03:11 AM

2 things for me.

I had a rabbit run across the road in front of me and stop about the center of the truck. I thought wow, I'll just straddle the critter.. the rabbit must have changed its mind to go back where it came from, cause I saw a red misty cloud come out from the trailer dualies when I looked back in the mirror.

The second thing I thought was cool was when I was fueling up at a little station in Ely, NV. A flat bed pulls into the lain next to me and grabs a hose starts watering his load. I thought it was pretty weird and asked him what he was doing. He said that he was hauling bees to pollinate some fields and he had to cool them off with water to keep them from dying and from flying away. As soon as I heard they were bees I was back in the cab with both windows up!

Brown67 02-16-2007 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uglymutt
We all see strange stuff out here, I seen it all from car wrecks to truck wrecks, to car catching fire and truck tire starts on fire then truck is on fire. Seen alot of boob in the cars driving by and one girl masturbating while driving and another car people were having sex in the back seat , all along this car stuff, seen one kid taking bong hits at a stoplight. Seen a horse dead in road, lots of twisted deer everywere, and chased one deer up a snowy mountian grade at 15 mph.. but the most memorable must be when I was driving down a 2 lane highway and saw something large blocking both lanes, i got closer and seen it was a hurd of buffalo walking down the highway.. I stopped and got out and stood 15 feet from a wild animal until a forset service ranger said 'get in your truck, those are wild animals' hehehe I still stood there looking into the face of a buffalo, that I will never forget...

More people killed by buffalo in yellowstone than any other animal. :shock: They will run up and butt you with that massive head.