Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers
You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   New Mattress (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/24668-new-mattress.html)

Bumper 02-08-2007 05:09 AM

New Mattress

Im not real impressed with the mattress in my Peterbilt 386 and want to replace it.

I have the brochure for the PosturXpress brand.

Anyone using anything else?

Thanx.

Lewis friend 02-08-2007 01:31 PM

If you can afford it, what i've found is that the tempur-pedic or similar memory foam mattresses rule.

But that's just me.

I can show you what i'm using as soon as i get around to inputing the pictures on to my computer.

Uturn2001 02-08-2007 02:20 PM

When I once drove a truck with a terrible matress I measured it and went to a local matress factory and had one custom made. Got a nice pillow top for $150.00.

I used it for several years and would still have it today if I had not been stupid and let my oldest son use it when he had a friend of his spend the night.

Bumper 02-08-2007 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Lewis friend:
If you can afford it, what i've found is that the tempur-pedic or similar memory foam mattresses rule.

Yeah, that is what I hear too. PosturXpress makes one for $350.00.

Im going to measure it today and see how close it is to a regular full size mattress I could buy locally.

Soladad 02-11-2007 12:32 AM

I have a new mattress in my '07 Freightliner that I was not impressed with. Just added a 1" memory foam (cost $40) and sleep much better. Try a topper first before you lay out the bigger bucks.

Soladad

Blind Driver 02-11-2007 01:10 AM

I had doubled over a sheet of 1" memory foam....comfy and warm :D

driver67373 02-11-2007 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Bumper:

Originally Posted by Lewis friend:

Yeah, that is what I hear too. PosturXpress makes one for $350.00.

Im going to measure it today and see how close it is to a regular full size mattress I could buy locally.

I've got this and it is just abosolutley wonderful. I am carrying it with me when I switch companies. I won't sleep without it. It is also great if you are teaming because since there are no springs in the matress, most of the vibrations of the truck are not felt when it is running down the road. Makes for a much better sleep.

jpb 02-11-2007 11:13 AM

Where did you folks find your memory foam? I live in BF south nowhere and have tried the local furniture stores that have bedding but no luck....Thanks, Jim

Soladad 02-11-2007 11:35 AM

Try Wal Mart or any of the retail chain stores.

Soladad

One 02-11-2007 02:20 PM

dont make it too soft...youll need good support for your back. If you start with a deformed matress or a too soft matress, the only thing thatll help is a sheet of plywood over it and then memory foam :D Just dont get a sping matress in case you have to team at some point. Can you imaging breaking your nose on the top bunk while asleep??