Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   I need some help, Parking ticket (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/24017-i-need-some-help-parking-ticket.html)

Arizbri 01-31-2007 04:15 AM

funny how all these people/cities/businesses like and enjoy the products, materials and supplies brought in by trucks but they dont like trucks...no, no, no, not in my neighborhood. I bet they dont write up tickets when a RV twice the size of a bobtail, along with a Escalade in tow comes rolling down the road.

mapleleaf_1 01-31-2007 04:21 AM

I'm always seeing trucks parked in the lot at the Walmart in the town close to me. They usually park on the edge spaces. I've seen them bobtailed and with trailers. Sometimes the engines are shut off and other times they're left running. Drive safe everyone. :)

Krzysztof 02-02-2007 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Arizbri
funny how all these people/cities/businesses like and enjoy the products, materials and supplies brought in by trucks but they dont like trucks...no, no, no, not in my neighborhood. I bet they dont write up tickets when a RV twice the size of a bobtail, along with a Escalade in tow comes rolling down the road.

Don't forget the super long RV's with the 17-20' trailer AND the family SUV in tow... I've seen SEVERAL of these on I-10 between Phoenix and Los Angeles. When I went to get my CDL the people at the office were having a discussion about why those vehicles don't require some kind of permit and specialized training to operate. Its my math that RV + Trailer + Car/SUV = doubles right?

As far as the ticket goes alot of other people have hit the nail on the head. Talk to the manager, show him your ticket and ur receipt and if need be ask him to either write a statement showing that you had made purchases during said time that your ticket was issued or have him suppoenaed if they won't dismiss the ticket on your word/proof.

Good luck and let us know whats goin on with it.

freebird 02-02-2007 03:20 AM

Some pretty expensive cigs!! :wink:
...lots of good advice here!
Hope it works out in your favor.
Don't throw in the towel for $500.00 though...

Mtc_Is_Hell 02-02-2007 03:52 AM

I cant believe so 900 dollar tickets can be had for not parking in designated truck stops? Man I can't wait till i'm out of this business :) , oh and to bad these TA's don't have papajohns pizza.

rcso 02-02-2007 04:07 AM

I don't even think we could have cited you here. They have a county ordinance for publically owned roads and such, but it's hardly enforced as it is.

We couldn't write you a ticket even if we wanted to for 'that', the owner of the lot could have your truck towed though.