Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   HURRY!!! Come kick me while I'm down!! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/23945-hurry-come-kick-me-while-im-down.html)

spencerian 01-16-2007 09:56 PM

HURRY!!! Come kick me while I'm down!!

OK, CR England sucks. Totally and completely.

My net settlement was -$1079.

That is the total after 3 weeks.

Their excuse...."Freight's slow, blah blah blah"...

So... I have one month (5-6 weeks otr solo experience).

Who do I apply with? Suggestions?

duck 01-16-2007 09:58 PM

So you owe them a grand? How did that work/happen?

powerpro69 01-16-2007 10:11 PM

I was told by my trucker buddy, that they would except me with my DWI's, but not to bother, because that sort of thing happens a lot with them.

Kranky 01-16-2007 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duck
So you owe them a grand? How did that work/happen?

Fleece Purchase?????????

Useless 01-16-2007 10:34 PM

I'd say that your best bet would be with Swift; I'm sure that you will have to go through their mentoring program, and if the CDL training program that you attended was less than 160hrs., you may very well have to attend their training school before they will let you drive.

If they won't take you, try CRST, but I would only use them as an absolute, desperate, last resort.

Good Luck!!

YoungZ.W. 01-16-2007 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Useless
I'd say that your best bet would be with Swift; I'm sure that you will have to go through their mentoring program, and if the CDL training program that you attended was less than 160hrs., you may very well have to attend their training school before they will let you drive.

If they won't take you, try CRST, but I would only use them as an absolute, desperate, last resort.

Good Luck!!

:roll: From what I've heard stay the hell away from Swift. They always find a way to screw their drivers. Werner isn't bad, U.S. Xpress is pretty good. (Signing on there myself) Depending on where you live you might be able to get on with Transport America. BOL

WildK9 01-16-2007 10:48 PM

Hey man, i don't think anyone wants to kick ya while you're down. Just learn from mistakes and move on in a positive way. we all make mistakes, it's learning from them that's important in life. i'm sure MOST people here are rooting for you, especially now that you've come back and shared what happened. BOL to you! :wink:

Useless 01-16-2007 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungZ.W.
:roll: From what I've heard stay the hell away from Swift. They always find a way to screw their drivers. Werner isn't bad, U.S. Xpress is pretty good. (Signing on there myself) Depending on where you live you might be able to get on with Transport America. BOL

YoungZ.W.,

The reason that I suggested Swift or CRST is because his options are very limited. I'm no fan of either of these companies. Read his other threads and you'll understand the backstory a little better.

:wink:

danj_otr 01-16-2007 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungZ.W.

Swift is not that bad. It depends on what terminal you are out of and who your DM is. When I was OTR, I NEVER had a problem with pay or my DM. When I went to dedicated, then I started having problems with the Terminals unwilling to repair my truck (never had the problem running OTR), my DM had less experience than I did (in fact she has never been behind the wheel at all), and I got treated like a number.

Bumper 01-16-2007 11:36 PM

Isnt CRST pretty much a team operation now?