Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Cos. that will hire with a misdemeanor (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/23708-cos-will-hire-misdemeanor.html)

Sage9 01-09-2007 11:24 PM

Cos. that will hire with a misdemeanor

Will any Co. hire you with a misdemeanor that is less than 5 yrs. old?
A recent graduate needs a job but has a marijuana charge for less than 2 ozs. that is just ovr 4 yrs. old.
Websites never seem to mention this, just felonies or DUI's. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Sealord 01-09-2007 11:41 PM

Hiring Companies

Somewhere on this site is a matrix listing the companies and their hiring requirements including felonies, misdemeanors, etc. I can't seem to find it quickly but I'm sure there'll be someone along who knows which "button" to push. BOL

Uturn2001 01-09-2007 11:45 PM

At one time Swift did, but that was also on a case by case basis.

I have a misdemeanor and it was 3 1/2 years old when I started driving and that was with Swift.

Sage9 01-09-2007 11:51 PM

Swift is saying 10 yrs. A recruiter there said maybe 3, someone else said 10 yrs. That seems pretty stiff for a joint's worth of pot at 18....

mikey4069 01-10-2007 12:14 AM

Keep knocking on door tell you find someone that will take you. The botton is company listings right on top .

tbrown 01-10-2007 12:32 AM

!

Some companies will hire you with a misdemeanor if it's more than 3 years old -- can't remember which, but if you go to Company Listings, go to bottom and select your state, then hit the button to compare requirements/restrictions. You pretty much have to then click on each companies site to look further.

I would also suggest you call the recruiters that you are narrowing the search to - "drug-related," even misdemeanors, can automatically bar you from employment at some companies. Examples of this: Swift; 10 years if it's drug-related, either felony or misdemeanor, and JB Hunt; 5 years for felony convictions, will not hire (ever) if it's drug-related! :shock:

My SO went through this and his was well over 5 years old. Keep dialing and knocking on doors though, you'll eventually hear a yes. By the way, Gordon Trucking Inc. (GTI) only asks about felonies within last 7 years, nothing to do with misdemeanors.

P.S. On the applications, either online or by phone, most companies will ask about ANY substance-related convictions.
BOL

Sage9 01-10-2007 02:10 AM

Well I just tried that - it showed 3 out of 107 IF it is treated as a DUI.
I will also try looking up Gordon.
Thanks.

trucking97 01-10-2007 07:43 AM

swift will not hire with that misdemeanor. I had a misdemeanor and they told me to check back in 5 years. Werner will not hire you either I tried with them after swift said no. that was seven years ago so I don't know about now.