Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Drivers At Risk (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/23084-drivers-risk.html)

Roco 12-15-2006 04:42 PM

Drivers At Risk

' Once more lets hope the' Trucking Companies' Take the Time! and Fix!
Trucks with exhuast leaks' No One Needs To Be Killed' really
Well with that' MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR!
To ALL OF THE DRIVERS' Roco :D

yoopr 12-15-2006 04:44 PM

Good reminder.
If somebody starts to get persistent headaches get your Exhaust systems checked.

Useless 12-15-2006 04:54 PM

I know that down in San Antonio, the "S.A. Express-Snooze" ran a story about how drivers were turning up dead at truck stops. No signs of foul play, but they did coincide with the cold weather we've had.

BTW, that's cold weather by South Texas standards. I'm a native Texan, yet even I have to snicker when I hear people complain about "Winter" weather here!!

traveler15301 12-15-2006 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoopr
Good reminder.
If somebody starts to get persistent headaches get your Exhaust systems checked.

I never got headaches on the road (other than from dispatchers/shippers/receivers/DOT etc.)......

but I've been home now for 2 weeks waiting for this little one to get here and am getting them....badly at times. Could I be going through withdrawal from diesel exhaust?!?

classicxl 12-15-2006 09:01 PM

i always check my pipes for signs of soot but my truck does not idle that much have plenty of blankets

Crash935 12-15-2006 10:01 PM

I put a smoke detector with a CO2 detector in my truck. Heard 2 many times of drivers just walking away from their truck and it goes up in flames or drivers dieing from CO2. Hopefully, I'll have some warning atleast, if im sleeping!

classicxl 12-15-2006 10:22 PM

does it alarm loud enough to wake you up

kc0iv 12-16-2006 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicxl

The one I have will raise the dead 1/2 mile down the street. Picture a alarm in your house mounted about 5 foot from your head.

BTW mine not only sounds an alarm it also talks to me in two different languages.

kc0iv

Crash935 12-16-2006 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicxl

Havent had it go off while sleeping but just testing makes me jump and i know the darn thing will be loud when i push the test button.

Taglio 12-16-2006 02:44 PM

Ive been fighting exhaust leaks a plenty... I seem to be rough on flexpipe and mufflers develope holes on me...I guess I have a corrosive personality :lol:
Thanks 4 the reminder to check 4 leaks!!It dangerous and very unhealthy- dont idle atall if possible!!!