Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Keg Cooler ? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/22265-keg-cooler.html)

SourMash 11-14-2006 12:10 PM

Keg Cooler ?

I just leased a brand new Century through CR England ,And the first modification I want to make is installing a KEG COOLER . I figure the best spot for a 1/2 keg is the cooler storage area ,as it has enough room to stand the unit up right ,and should with minimal modification lend itself to having enough space to fit the KEG with a refrigeration unit ...I have not figured out what unit I'll use yet ...I'm open to suggestions . I thought about under bunk But there isn't enough room to stand a 1/2 keg upright only those 1/4 kegs ,and they cost more to fill ,and besides that's my tool storage area ,and it gets hot under the bunk ,and would be hard to keep anything frosty cold under there . I have thought about just removing the closet ,and installing a full size fridge ,and just continue to buy the suds by the case ,But nothing really beats a cold one on tap ...Any suggestions or tips from those that have already tackled a project like this would be welcome .

Sheepdancer 11-14-2006 01:03 PM

Me thinks someone is trying to bait a thread and start controversy.

Rev.Vassago 11-14-2006 01:17 PM

Re: Keg Cooler ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SourMash
I just leased a brand new Century through CR England ,And the first modification I want to make is installing a KEG COOLER . I figure the best spot for a 1/2 keg is the cooler storage area ,as it has enough room to stand the unit up right ,and should with minimal modification lend itself to having enough space to fit the KEG with a refrigeration unit ...I have not figured out what unit I'll use yet ...I'm open to suggestions . I thought about under bunk But there isn't enough room to stand a 1/2 keg upright only those 1/4 kegs ,and they cost more to fill ,and besides that's my tool storage area ,and it gets hot under the bunk ,and would be hard to keep anything frosty cold under there . I have thought about just removing the closet ,and installing a full size fridge ,and just continue to buy the suds by the case ,But nothing really beats a cold one on tap ...Any suggestions or tips from those that have already tackled a project like this would be welcome .

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k1...sago1/305g.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ottness7qi.jpg

SourMash 11-14-2006 01:23 PM

well before I left JB I never got around to checking out any of their lease op set ups , And here at CR the guys just don't sit long enough to get a chance to chat .

BIG JEEP on 44's 11-14-2006 01:44 PM

Quote:

Do you have any passengers on the truck that would make getting rid of the passenger seat a problem.

SourMash 11-14-2006 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Quote:

Do you have any passengers on the truck that would make getting rid of the passenger seat a problem.

No WHY ???

Deus 11-14-2006 01:46 PM

Okay Rev I give up, where do you get all the pics???

BIG JEEP on 44's 11-14-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Quote:

No WHY ???

You can get rid of the passenger seat and use the extra space to retro fit a full wet bar in there . :wink:

Sheepdancer 11-14-2006 01:52 PM

Wait...I just remembered something, this guy could be serious. About a year and a half ago, I sent a driver to orientation. His 2nd day of orientation he got kicked out for actually drinking a beer in class. The funniest part about it was the next day when he called me and cussed me out because I didnt tell him that we didnt allow beer drinking in orientation.
Now Sour, come clean. That was you, wasnt it? How ya been, buddy?

hitman 11-14-2006 01:59 PM

Oh hell... why fool around with just a little 'ole keg? Gut the sleeper, close it off, insulate it, fill it with beer, and install a line a with a tap and run it right to the drivers seat.

SourMash 11-14-2006 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Wait...I just remembered something, this guy could be serious. About a year and a half ago, I sent a driver to orientation. His 2nd day of orientation he got kicked out for actually drinking a beer in class. The funniest part about it was the next day when he called me and cussed me out because I didnt tell him that we didnt allow beer drinking in orientation.
Now Sour, come clean. That was you, wasnt it? How ya been, buddy?

No couldn't have been Me...I drink ALONE ... But Somtimes I drink with dear old grand dad .

SourMash 11-14-2006 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitman
Oh hell... why fool around with just a little 'ole keg? Gut the sleeper, close it off, insulate it, fill it with beer, and install a line a with a tap and run it rightto the drivers seat.

Good idea ...But where would I sleep ,and more importantly where would I entertaing the "LADIES" at with no bunk ???

SourMash 11-14-2006 02:24 PM

Nevermind I don't know what I was thinking I'll be pulling a big fridge behind me now that I run for CRE ,And there will be plenty of extra room in there for ...MA BOOZ without cluttering up the truck ...CHEERS...

WildK9 11-14-2006 02:26 PM

this thread is so asinine. like Rev said STFU!

Rev.Vassago 11-14-2006 03:23 PM

Quote:

Nevermind I don't know what I was thinking I'll be pulling a big fridge behind me now that I run for CRE ,And there will be plenty of extra room in there for ...MA BOOZ without cluttering up the truck ...CHEERS...

Never mind the fact that carrying alcohol ANYWHERE on a commercial vehicle is illegal, unless it is part of a manifested shipment. :roll:

I guess the one plus of all of this is that you are leased to CRE, so you won't be in a truck for long.

syl77dar 11-14-2006 03:53 PM

Plenty of room 4 losing ur CDL 2!!!

OKay guys, gave you the chance now here it goes! Jerk why did you go to school? No one wants drunk drivers driving an 80,000 lb. steel killing machine! My sister was killed by a drunk driver and I have no use for anyone who drinks and drives. Many truckers drink, but we do it on our off time at home not on the road! DOT will bust you real fast and just go down by border in TX and let a border patrol get in your truck and see that! NOONE should have no KEGS on trucks! NEVER and when or if you or your passenger (even if passenger is innocent) gets busted you will deserve it! Trust me when I came home I have drank a few drinks at home and then my sons have driven me around town! I am not a big drinker, but after riding with that stupid Jefferson Bus Lines driver I had to have a drink! He was an older African American man, rude does not begin to describe him! He told us no cell phones and had the nerve to single me out and I never use my cell phones on the busses! Then he told us that if anyone got within 10 feet of him with their POISON SMOKE he would kick them off the bus! Now, I am not a smoker but it made me mad to hear him abusing smokers. Furthermore, it gets better he was driving all over the road weaving I reported him but so far no word as to what will happen to him! When I asked for his name, he had no name tag on, he said he never gives it out! There were three CDL truck drivers on the bus and we all wanted to kick him off the bus and drive it safely ourselves! If you ride busses in the midwest beware this man is a real jerk! You have to have your ticket totally out and then he goes through a 10 minute speech and he cannot drive at all!

yoopr 11-14-2006 04:05 PM

Big Jeep and Sour Mash posting with the Same IP Address

Jackrabbit379 11-14-2006 04:07 PM

BUSTED :P

ken_o 11-14-2006 04:11 PM

hey syl77dar you took a intriguing discussion about installing a keg in the mans truck and turned into a drunk driving speech. how dare you

brian 11-14-2006 05:05 PM

you should ban him, the guys a jackass anyway, now he`s got multiple names to be a jackass with.

BigDawg 11-14-2006 05:20 PM

Quote:

hey guys don't feed the Trolls you are puttin this clow in a stage of euphoria so don't FEED EM oh BTW BUSTED

Sheepdancer 11-14-2006 05:25 PM

I seem to remember someone who reported me for having multiple screen names when i mistakenly posted one little post on accident on an older screen name. Hmmmmmmm?....I think it was Rev something.
In honer of his little message board Fuax pas. I would like to honer his own style of borrowing others pictures in an attempt to be funny.

http://tandfbooks.dpsl.co.in/tandfbo...Ecoverw01c.jpg

kreeper01 11-14-2006 05:28 PM

Good Gravy,

Why be so blantent with an idiotic topic like this, every driver knows that your truck has to be parked for at least a 34 hour period before you start hitting the bottle. however, if your slick about it, grab a pint of Jack Daniels, fill a 24 oz cup of soda and mix the 2 together.

On the C.R. England end, they have been getting hit pretty hard, i.e. their lease purchase BS and from a few other areas.

Rev.Vassago 11-14-2006 05:59 PM

Quote:

I seem to remember someone who reported me for having multiple screen names when i mistakenly posted one little post on accident on an older screen name. Hmmmmmmm?....I think it was Rev something.
In honer of his little message board Fuax pas. I would like to honer his own style of borrowing others pictures in an attempt to be funny.

What are you whining about now? :roll: How exactly did I make a faux pas? :roll: How exactly am I a hypocrite? :roll:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danceswithsheep
I would like to honer

Honor :roll:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danceswithsheep
I would like to honer his own style of borrowing others pictures in an attempt to be funny.

http://tandfbooks.dpsl.co.in/tandfbo...Ecoverw01c.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ago1/funny.jpg
Way to steal someone elses bandwidth while stealing their picture, Sheepdancer. :roll:

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoopr

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k1...o1/gotmult.jpg

Sheepdancer 11-14-2006 06:12 PM

My bad, rev.....I got you and Big Jeep on 44s mixed up.
So ignore the first part of the message and just pay attention to the part where I was making fun of you for borrowing others pictures and using them in a sad attempt to be funny.

Rev.Vassago 11-14-2006 06:17 PM

Quote:

My bad, rev.....I got you and Big Jeep on 44s mixed up.
So ignore the first part of the message and just pay attention to the part where I was making fun of you for borrowing others pictures and using them in a sad attempt to be funny.

Whose pictures have I borrowed? They are on MY computer, uploaded to MY photobucket account. They are mine.

I don't steal other people's bandwidth, unlike what you just did before. :roll:

COLT 11-14-2006 06:25 PM

" every driver knows that your truck has to be parked for at least a 34 hour period before you start hitting the bottle. " Man are your rules strict down there, :lol: I think he was just having some fun, lighten up :lol:

Twilight Flyer 11-14-2006 06:43 PM

Yeah, this was a funny post and banter, but it has run it's course. 8)