Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   CRST, ENGLAND, GAINEY, OR SWIFT TEAM DRIVERS? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/21841-crst-england-gainey-swift-team-drivers.html)

2fast4love 11-01-2006 10:52 PM

CRST, ENGLAND, GAINEY, OR SWIFT TEAM DRIVERS?

My father and I have a situation where all 4 of these companies will accept us with the amount of hours we received in school before getting our CDL's. We will be team driving with one of these and are interested in your thoughts regarding which of these is the best company to team drive for? Your advice will be greatly appreciated. :)

NorthMSDriver 11-01-2006 11:54 PM

Swift has a bad reputation. Truckers make fun of Swift out on the road. Don't really know why, but it must be something to it huh?

Useless 11-02-2006 12:49 AM

The absolute worst choice that you could make would be CR England. Haven't heard anything good about CRST, either.

You might think about expanding the scope of your search.

2fast4love 11-02-2006 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Useless
The absolute worst choice that you could make would be CR England. Haven't heard anything good about CRST, either.

You might think about expanding the scope of your search.

Thought about it and researched it. There aren't a lot of companies out there who are willing to accept drivers who came from a 3 week CDL school. Also, keep in mind that I am inquiring about TEAM driving and not solo driving. The companies that have bad reputations with solo drivers might not have bad reputations with TEAM drivers, which is the only thing that my father and I are interested in. :)

devildice 11-02-2006 02:31 AM

if you're wanting to pull refers as a team, also look at SRT or TransAm

New2This 11-04-2006 03:36 AM

Can't say on anyone other that Gainey. All I've heard bout them is nothing but good . Best to get as much info on all first ----but Gainey seemed to be good.....(I'm looking myself....w/ no hurry tho) Guess it all depends on what your're lookin to do...

Mattangcobra 11-04-2006 03:48 AM

Where do you live?? You might be able to find a smaller company to hire you.

LOAD IT 11-04-2006 09:42 AM

If you are going to RUN team then go with a big company. On your list I would talk to CRST and Gainey. Teams get the best treatment as long as the truck keeps moving. If the two of you drive like a solo driver, you wont be successful, so just remember, the company expects for that truck not to stop. Good Luck$$$$$$

rebajosh 11-04-2006 02:13 PM

I agree with Load it. From your list go with Gainey or CRST and I don't know much about either. I just know that everyone should stay they hell away from Swift and England :lol:

syl77dar 11-05-2006 06:34 AM

goodluck

goodluck