Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   (Copy) The Last Thing You Should Pack (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/21685-copy-last-thing-you-should-pack.html)

sonic2wb 10-28-2006 03:14 AM

(Copy) The Last Thing You Should Pack

Note: This is a Copy of a post i created the the Family Support Fourm Im posting it here Just in case some of the readers dont get over there that much.

Note: This is a religous post, So Please if your offended by religon please stop reading now.

The Last thing you should Pack before leaveing for the Big Road is your Bible so it will be the first thing you unpack in your truck.
Well Hello Family!

I just wanted to drop a line in here since its been a long time since ive posted in here. I wanted to tell everyone about a GREAT Bible program i found out about from a Truck Stop Chaplain at the Lebanon, TN Truck Stop! its called E-sword, it is completely Free! it has SOO many features that i haveing even begin to check them out! Heres the site where you can download it. http://www.e-sword.net/ Its a really cool program.

Also I wanted to see if anyone had a Prayer Request that i can add to my list!
Thats another GREAT thing about e-sword is that it has a calander for prayer requests and it can remind you to pray about anything you tell it.

If you have Prayer Requests:
You can post Here
You can E-mail me: [email protected]

But most inportantly raise your heart and mind up to The creator and life up your request to him.

(Matthew 21:22)
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

10-28-2006 06:55 PM

:roll:

HEADED4HOME 10-28-2006 09:01 PM

BIBLE

Before I went OTR my dad gave me a bible and Ive read it on occasion.
Especially when things dont go your way ....................LOL

Pete
San Antonio,Tx

T * Storm 10-31-2006 09:44 AM

Re: (Copy) The Last Thing You Should Pack

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic2wb
Also I wanted to see if anyone had a Prayer Request that i can add to my list!
Thats another GREAT thing about e-sword is that it has a calander for prayer requests and it can remind you to pray about anything you tell it.

(Matthew 21:22)
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

I know I'll probably get laughed at and teased about my prayer requests but here goes.

1) I'm kind of scared doing this job. Not about my driving as much, but more about my safety and that of my wife and daughter while I am gone.

2) I'd like to know for sure if there is a God and who he is.

I know - very weird.

I leave tomorrow for my Swift orientation and am not quite sure what to expect. I want to put in my time (2 years to qualify for the better local loads) quickly and safely, then get home asap.

Tomcat 10-31-2006 10:48 AM

I learned the worst thing in the world was to ask God to "make me stronger"

Because God doesn't just snap his fingers and *poof* .. makes you stronger.

No, he throws $&#@ in your path, and says, "OK, wise-guy .. toughen up!"

God told me to become a truck driver.

shyykatt 10-31-2006 01:44 PM

(mindin' my own)

T * Storm 10-31-2006 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyykatt
well, whoever told you life was gonna be a smooth road lied to you- ya can't blame God for that one! People seem to think that God is cruel- he just sits on a cloud watchin for someone to do something wrong and then zaps ya- I highly doubt thats the case.

Where did this come from? I never said life was easy. Never even asked for it to be. I'm old enough and have had enough experience to know life isn't easy. Just asking to be safe, as I pray ALL CDL drivers are. I also asked that I get to come to an understanding of who GOD is and to have a relationship with him. As usual - I get misunderstood, but as I joked at TDA - (most) truckers aren't know for their intellectual prowess. - Then again... ?8)

shyykatt 10-31-2006 04:39 PM

nevermind- :D

fkbmlb 10-31-2006 06:19 PM

GOD

Here we go. Who is he, where is he, where did he come from. No one knows, no one has proof, show me proof.

Im not athiest but, I am agnostic.

shyykatt 10-31-2006 07:02 PM

Lets not 'here we go'- sometimes I 'type before I think'. My bad.