Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   B.S. Drug Test (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/21034-b-s-drug-test.html)

Mackman 10-03-2006 12:58 AM

B.S. Drug Test

My oldman O/O was in a accident yesterday. Was not his fault no one got hurt. A older Lady 74 years old pulled out of a side street on him. Did alittle damage to his truck. Her car was messed up had to get towed. He had a witness and the lady said she pulled out. So the PA state police knew it was not his fault. So they say to him leave the truck there on the shoulder you have to go for a drug test. My dad was pissed. It was not his fault and they made him take a drug test. Took 3 1/2 hrs when it was all said and done. Who is paying for his lost time for taking the drug test. The PA trooper told him it is a law that anyone with a CDL weather there at fault or not have to take a drug test. Another B.S. law/Rule after CDL holders. If it was his fault i could see the drug test but this was just a waste of his time all afternoon was last. By the way the old lady didn't get nothing. God some things just get me going.

Douglas 10-03-2006 01:38 AM

Re: B.S. Drug Test

That's how it is for ANY driver workin' with the city. You can be sitting still and someone hits you and you still take a drug test, and not just for CDL vehicles either.

Mackman 10-03-2006 01:42 AM

But city workers are gett paid when there afternoon is wasted. So they dont care.

Mtc_Is_Hell 10-03-2006 01:42 AM

its a good law. If the old lady takes him to court and the lawyer trys the driving under the influence card, he will have a legal document stating other wise, get over it.

PhuzzyGnu 10-03-2006 01:45 AM

What's the problem? The drug test is covering his ass.

Everyone knows that you have to drug test after any accident- it's in the CFR. It's a good thing, too. It helps sober drivers, and it hopefully gets positive-testing drivers jail time.

I've had to do it, in nearly the same situation- an elderly woman ran into my trailer when she failed to notice her lane ended. It was not my fault, and the police report said it was not my fault. She got ticketed, her car got totalled, and she went to the ER as a precaution.

I got to pee in a cup. Big deal. The drug test is just more evidence for ME.

-p.

Mackman 10-03-2006 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mtc_Is_Hell
get over it.

i am over it it didn't in happen to me. Just wanted to get some other drivers opinion

dc6860 10-03-2006 02:43 AM

8) Maybe you should look at it from our side as professional drivers??
If there wasn't so many people out there under the influence of drugs and alcohol who still thinks its ok to drive in that condition many of us wouldn't have to put up with all the tests and laws that now exist.

I for one will take a test anytime because I know I'm clean?? And its not a waste of time nor does it bother me at all.

DC

rcso 10-03-2006 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman
But city workers are gett paid when there afternoon is wasted. So they dont care.

Actually I was tested 'after' work. One of those time was after a 12 hour shift and before HAVING to go to court 3 hours after my shift was over.

yoopr 10-03-2006 04:23 AM

It's SOP when there's an Accident.
If he lost time and money take her to small claims court.

Skywalker 10-03-2006 04:23 AM

Whether or not we get paid for the time....is immaterial. The FMCSR's clearly outline the when/how/where a UA/Drug Test is required. One of them is "when one of the vehicles has to be towed" from the scene.

He lost less than 4 hours.....sure its a pain, but whats even a bigger pain is to not have the UA/Drug Test done, then have papers filed against filed against you.....and then have the filing lawyer take notice of the fact that the driver neglected to comply with the FMCSR's. $$$ka-ching, ka-ching, KA-CHING$$$, then he's going to subpoena 6 months of the logs, turn pro's loose on them....and you'd best not have fudged on them....cuz if his pros find any errors....its a real slippery slope from there on out.

Its a requirement of the job....and it is both a "Damocles Sword" and also a double-edged sword. For those of us who know we are clean....its our proof that we were sober and not under the influence of anything. For others, its the beginning of a death knell to their careers.