Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   How to locate a Walmart? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/20779-how-locate-walmart.html)

Longsnowsm 09-24-2006 12:43 AM

How to locate a Walmart?

Ok, dumb question of the year... If your driving and need to do some shopping for groceries etc. Is there a pocket travel guide or something that helps you locate a Walmart or grocery store? When your in need of supplies how do you go about finding what your after? I know if I happen to have internet access, and can figure out my zip code I am in, that I could look it up on a web site, but there seem to be a lot of ifs in that statement :shock: :lol:

On a recent road trip from CA to CO I realized I left some much needed items behind for the trip. I lucked out and happened to see a Wally World on my way or it would have been a very unpleasant experience. It got me thinking there has to be a handy dandy guide or something out there to help travellers, truckers, retired homeless people(RVer's). Thoughts?

Longsnowsm

Rawlco 09-24-2006 12:46 AM

Available in most stores is a Rand Mcnally US road atlas with a list of all wal-mart stores. $4.97

Bigmon 09-24-2006 12:50 AM

Call 1-800-Walmart and follow the prompts. They have a store locater system. It's good to try it before you need it just so you know how it works.

drivenaway 09-24-2006 12:58 AM

Next Exit is a guide that lists everything at every exit.
around $19 at many truck stops

even tells you if the walmart has truck parking

PackRatTDI 09-24-2006 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drivenaway

Excellent item for any trucker. 8)

WildK9 09-24-2006 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackRatTDI
Quote:

Originally Posted by drivenaway

Excellent item for any trucker. 8)

I 2nd that!!! 8)

Rev.Vassago 09-24-2006 02:49 AM

Delorme Street Atlas GPS software has all the WalMarts listed in it as well, and will route you right to it.

One of the fantastic hidden features of the software - the POI (points of interest) section.

Longsnowsm 09-24-2006 02:56 PM

Thanks for the feedback! I ordered a copy of Next Exit based on the input here. I didn't think to check my Atlas or my MS Trips and Streets software. I will have to take a look. You guys are life savers. This place is awesome.

Longsnowsm

whorutommy 09-24-2006 04:00 PM

ask trk local trk stop

I ask the ladies workin at trk stop, there never 2 far away

One 09-25-2006 05:01 AM

You could just follow the ugliest car on the road, loaded with fat people missing a hood and no turn signals :lol: