Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Thinking about going SWIFT....... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/20339-thinking-about-going-swift.html)

uglymutt 09-11-2006 07:56 PM

Thinking about going SWIFT.......

yeah I am getting older and more tired and been think about the men in blue, sounds like a good job for me, what do you all think is Swift okay for old timers like myself, I think I would look good in that white truck wearing my blue swift shirt... something to think about I guess.. they pay less but its easier work, this unloading trucks is for them young kids.. SWIFT has alot to offer so hmmmm dunno what to do..

http://www.bubbajunk.com/fikes/swifttransplogo.gif

Goin Fer It 09-11-2006 08:40 PM

You are joking right? I know you have been on the board for a while and read the horror stories about swift.

They were not even an option for us. How old are you? My husband is pushing 50 in 2007. He does not load or unload at May Trucking.

Plus there are local options that are otr but will get you home more often if you have 6+ months experience.

I hope that you do not become an another horror story from swift.

Goin Fer It's Wife

TruckerChris 09-11-2006 10:02 PM

what's wrong with ffe? I look for you in every ffe truck I see...

CharismaticEvil 09-11-2006 10:47 PM

I just graduated from the Swift academy in San Antonio, TX, and am about to go OTR 6 weeks with a mentor. The company hired me officially as of September 9th, I hear they are one of the few companies that don't jack your pay check around, which is what made me pick 'em. I'm just a young pup though at 24, and am open to hearing both sides of the story. I figured I'd give 'em a year to get my diploma from the academy and get my student loan paid off. At that point, I might consider 26 months since they repay you the entire cost of $3,900.00 aside from a $150.00 seating fee. The way they tell it, for an inexperianced whelp like myself, it's $.26/mile for the first 6 months, then it bumps to $.32. That's if you're solo, for teams it's that split down the middle, each driver gets half.

Skywalker 09-12-2006 01:19 AM

Re: Thinking about going SWIFT.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by uglymutt
yeah I am getting older and more tired and been think about the men in blue, sounds like a good job for me, what do you all think is Swift okay for old timers like myself, I think I would look good in that white truck wearing my blue swift shirt... something to think about I guess.. they pay less but its easier work, this unloading trucks is for them young kids.. SWIFT has alot to offer so hmmmm dunno what to do..

Pray tell, and do answer 2 questions:

1. How much experience do you have now?

2. Why would you not consider CFI?

Ok, make that three questions, almost 4......

3/4. Why would you possibly sell yourself short and not examine all of your options if you are not happy where you are?

Oooops, got a 5th one 8):

5. Where do you live...? City and state is enough.

Rokk 09-12-2006 05:07 AM

muttboy is just staring something is all, he wouldnt go to swift. swift would starve him out in a week. based on principle. mutt isnt a team player. :)

truckswifeWa. 09-12-2006 07:35 PM

C.F.I is a good company. Try them and leave Swift in the dust. Swift will hire just about anyone. In my opinion they just want meat behind the wheel. My husband worked for them in the past.

uglymutt 03-19-2007 02:54 PM

wow I almost cried when I read this , heheehhehe and i was serious at the time. ROKK why arer you MIA ?

TruckerChris 03-19-2007 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uglymutt
wow I almost cried when I read this , heheehhehe and i was serious at the time. ROKK why arer you MIA ?

He got a real job in Boise and he's doing a bit of travelling.

Rokk 03-19-2007 05:07 PM

OMG!! blessed by the Muttboy. : 8)

see even though i am traveling, i still get my email. Never truly am i MIA, just rather, away :)