Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Day of Infamy (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/20331-day-infamy.html)

street_95 09-11-2006 05:31 PM

i had to leave for work after the 1st hit, after i got to work i continued to watch as i couldn't believe what i was seeing, then the second plane........yea i went home after that! :sad:

BigDawg 09-11-2006 05:48 PM

I remember 9/11/01 like it was yesterday that is one day i will never ever forget,i had just woke up that morning flipped on Fox News and about 5 or so mins later it happened the first plane then the second.So i was glued to the tube all day got nothing done that day.And no thanks to Uncle Binny and boys our lives have changed forever I fly the Great American Flag also it is waving in the brezze as i type this,Let us all not forget the Familirs and friends of the ones that parished on that May God Bless Em .

yoopr 09-11-2006 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulldog2036
>>>sorry folks if I went overboard...all my respect to the victims and families...bd

Thanks-I know where you're coming from though.
Problem is that too many have forgotten.
I was in Dallas on 9/11 and Was trucking towards home afterwords and was at a family restaurant/truck stop in Iowa and started talking with a woman and I told her Mark my words-People will Forget-She said Never but I'm afraid people have except perhaps once a year.

Adam9315 09-11-2006 06:09 PM

I was 17 at the time. I rememebr waking up at about 10:30est and seeing it all over the television. I didn't even know what the WTC was at the time. I was shocked. But when I saw the 2nd plane hit, I knew what was up. Then me and a few friends went out into the country later that evening to drink some beers. We used to always look up in the sky and see a lot of planes flying. We looked up that night, and not a single plane was to be seen the entire time. And I rememebr seeing all the people at the gas pumps panicing. What a sad day.

street_95 09-11-2006 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoopr
Quote:

Originally Posted by bulldog2036
>>>sorry folks if I went overboard...all my respect to the victims and families...bd

Thanks-I know where you're coming from though.
Problem is that too many have forgotten.
I was in Dallas on 9/11 and Was trucking towards home afterwords and was at a family restaurant/truck stop in Iowa and started talking with a woman and I told her Mark my words-People will Forget-She said Never but I'm afraid people have except perhaps once a year.

i was in Dallas too at the time.....heres my flag up now

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...lske77/003.jpg

bulldog2036 09-11-2006 06:52 PM

Excellent, street95!!!!

yeti 09-11-2006 08:14 PM

We were delivering equipment to a rock quarry on top of a mountain in NJ about 15 miles from the towers. From where we were we all stood and watched them fall. Couldn't forget if I wanted to. :cry:

BigDaddyD 09-11-2006 09:18 PM

WOW a few of us were pretty close together as I was in Fort Worth TX. Still in the Navy stationed at NAS/JRB Fort Worth and was the Duty Section Leader on 9/11/01. Just came into the duty office from morning colors (raising the flag for those that dont know the term) and saw it on the TV, I asked the watch what was going on and he had no clue (TV was behind him). Watched the second plane hit and knew the world was changing....

GMAN 09-11-2006 10:00 PM

I went into the drivers lounge at a Flying J. Just as I sat down, the second plane hit. Most thought they were watching a moving. There were quite a few drivers watching TV and talking. I told them what had happened. Initially, some didn't believe me. When they realized that it really did happen, you could have heard a pin drop. We all just sat around and watched the report. Everything on the East Coast came to an abrupt halt.

I had an opportunity to meet a woman driver who was delivering to the WTC when it happened. Part of the building fell on her. She told me that one of the men who saved her was later killed. She is the only person I recall meeting who was actually there and survived. She said that she only got burned. She was one lucky driver. It was a very sobering experience to have met and talked with her.

yoopr 09-11-2006 10:14 PM

One of the Most amazing sights I've ever seen is that I ended picking up a Load in Laredo and when I was Again heading north on 35 I looked in my Mirrors and I saw the Largest Flag I have ever seen flying at Half-Mast-It was the Mexican Flag on the Border.

Came up to that Check point and Customs all had their M16's and this was one day you DIDN'T try to joke with them. Sternest faces I have seen in a very long time.