Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   would you drive these trucks (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/20166-would-you-drive-these-trucks.html)

classicxl 09-07-2006 11:06 AM

been flying around the world keeping on freedom loving citizens protected and safe. How are you doing

Paystar_5000 09-08-2006 12:45 AM

thanks i quit the company today let someone else drive their death traps

COLT 09-08-2006 12:54 AM

Well it's to bad you had to quit, Paystar, Sounds like a crapy company tho. Movin rigs right ? To bad the oil companys didn't know the trucks were junk. Around here they wouldn't have hired on junk. What are you gona do now ? Tankers around here work steady...

Paystar_5000 09-08-2006 01:16 AM

i was driving a dump truck I got out of the winch truck buisness a few months ago. I might have a job moving forklifts for a guy in town.

yoopr 09-08-2006 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicxl
been flying around the world keeping on freedom loving citizens protected and safe. How are you doing

Ready to go back to the Sandbox myself

Mackman 09-08-2006 10:42 PM

Damn paystar hate to see you jump jobs like this but you got to do what you got to do. IF they wouldnt Fix the truck i dont blame you. I have driven some junk but nothing that bad. hope you fine a good job.

Fozzy 09-08-2006 11:28 PM

I've driven some pretty old equipment that was sound as a swiss watch and I've refused to drive some stuff that was a lot newer that was junk and unsafe! The first place I worked at didnt have a tractor that was made before 1975! All of his trucks where U-G-L-Y at first, he started painting the trucks after a while and they were really nice.

When a company flat out refuses to fix equipment when they have a driver that is willing to take the time and has the expertice to KNOW what is wrong with a truck, they are showing that they are not very smart in the long run. Employees who WANT to drive safe and legal equipment should be seen as an asset rather than a liability.

fastereddie 09-09-2006 12:16 AM

After a 2.5 hour interview and road test I joined a company that stressed safety and good maintenance. On my first day I complained that there were several safety and mechanical issues with the truck. The mechanic stated he had just driven the truck and there was nothing he saw wrong with it. I walked away from that company, plus a few others, in my relatively short driving history. Problem is - there are always 'drivers' who will take on a job like that. A Pro Trucker knows when to back away from such potential disasters.

Paystar_5000 09-09-2006 05:17 AM

yeah im jobless now but I dont wanna live with killing someones wife husband or kids driving an unsafe POS

One 09-09-2006 10:16 PM

If something doesnt pass your rigarous PTI then deem it unsafe to drive and make the carrier a list, document everything and do not drive those trucks! Its YOUR ass if something goes wrong! If they fire you, oh well, if they cant afford to maintain their trucks, they cant pay you either! Go find another job!