Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Flatbed drivers are the hardest working truckers! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/11262-flatbed-drivers-hardest-working-truckers.html)

NewCanadianDriver 09-15-2005 12:59 AM

Flatbed drivers are the hardest working truckers!

Well I'm hired with an excellent flatbed company. I've never done any flatbed work ever and I just spent the last two days shunting loads of steel from a factory to the yard and back for another load. I take my drugtest tomorrow, sign all of the paperwork and should be on the road by Sunday/Monday. I would just like to say that unless you have a rolling canopy on your flatbed (I want one of those trailers), flatbed drivers are the hardest working truckers in the industry. My hat is off to you! I join the ranks of the elite (with the exception of hazmat) and am very proud to do so.

yoopr 09-15-2005 01:07 AM

odd that you can drive and haven't taken a drug test

formertrucker 09-15-2005 01:13 AM

Re: Flatbed drivers are the hardest working truckers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewCanadianDriver
Well I'm hired with an excellent flatbed company. I've never done any flatbed work ever and I just spent the last two days shunting loads of steel from a factory to the yard and back for another load. I take my drugtest tomorrow, sign all of the paperwork and should be on the road by Sunday/Monday. I would just like to say that unless you have a rolling canopy on your flatbed (I want one of those trailers), flatbed drivers are the hardest working truckers in the industry. My hat is off to you! I join the ranks of the elite (with the exception of hazmat) and am very proud to do so.

Honestly Bedbuggers work ALOT harder then flatbeds, I know that flatbeds have never had to carry pool table up 5 flights of stairs and never had to carry any pianos up up flights of stairs. So my hats off the bedbuggers as the hardest working truckers, not to mention that they have long days sometimes 8-10 of loading just to have to drive 8 hours. Thats my opinion.

NewCanadianDriver 09-15-2005 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoopr
odd that you can drive and haven't taken a drug test

Local with a trainer.....

NewCanadianDriver 09-15-2005 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by formertrucker
Honestly Bedbuggers work ALOT harder then flatbeds, I know that flatbeds have never had to carry pool table up 5 flights of stairs and never had to carry any pianos up up flights of stairs. So my hats off the bedbuggers as the hardest working truckers, not to mention that they have long days sometimes 8-10 of loading just to have to drive 8 hours. Thats my opinion.

Well yeah that job would suck. Didn't even think of them.

Fozzy 09-15-2005 01:36 AM

I've hauled tires for a few years... I also hauled mixed reefer loads of candy into grocery warehouses.. I've also done flatbeds. Flatbeds aren't that big a deal. Most of the time you'll hear this claim from flatbedders :lol:

formertrucker 09-15-2005 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewCanadianDriver
Quote:

Originally Posted by formertrucker

Well yeah that job would suck. Didn't even think of them.

Its ok I guess most trucker dont think of us like that, I guess we are outcast among truckers.

Mackman 09-15-2005 01:36 AM

what about honey dippers draging hoses and digging up septic tank lids and dealing with shit all day

Hanged_Man 09-15-2005 01:45 AM

Driving in residential areas is also a pain, especially with all those concrete flower pots they put in the middle of some intersections and things like that. Sometimes, in order to go wide enough to make a turn, you have to turn towards the opposite direction as much as possible, unpin the tractor while you're in an L shape, drive around the block to get to the other side of the trailer, and pin back up again... and that's the easy part. If I ever do moving, it'll be a 53' helicopter :)

formertrucker 09-15-2005 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman
what about honey dippers draging hoses and digging up septic tank lids and dealing with $&!+ all day

That aint do hard work thats just nasty work. :lol: