User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2018, 12:07 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Advice on getting cdl

Hello, I was looking for someone to point me in the right direction in finding a paid cdl school. Mainly company's that will "overlook" my background. So, in September of 2015 I was arrested and charged with an M2 Simple assult as well as an M2 Reckless Endangerment(Nothing involving a vehicle). Basically I fired a gun in city limits trying to prevent a family member from being jumped by three guys. In that moment I felt I did the right thing but later realized I messed up. I ended up losing my concealed carry permit, doing 39 days in jail, 2 years of probation and paid an excessive amount of fines. I completed all of my obligations and have never had so much as a parking ticket on my MVR. CR England recently told me I wasn't able to attend their program until 4 years had passed. So if anyone knows of any other companies that might consider me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
Old 09-08-2018, 12:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1d3ham View Post
CR England recently told me I wasn't able to attend their program
It may not seem like it but that is a blessing in disguise! Your going to have to keep looking, but be forewarned that any Co that will front the money for your pay and training reside at the bottom of the barrel and almost without exception pay peanuts and some will void the contract for whatever reason and then CHARGE YOU for all the valuable training they provided.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 09-08-2018, 12:44 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the input. Im gonna check out some private schools.
Old 09-08-2018, 01:43 PM
Senior Board Member

You can check in the WIOA programs through your local employment office. The issue is training time and certified schools.. you can complete and send off the electronic apps here on this site and it will send out apps to all of the training and trucking companies. You do NOT need to have a CDL to send out the apps. They will start background checks and the companies that will hire you will contact you. They will have a list of schools / training that is acceptable to them for employment. Don't talk to the trucking schools as a source. Far too many of them do not care if you end up with no real means to get into an actual trucking job. They get their money up front after someone finances your loan for the school. But do be wary of the companies who are TOO willing to get you aboard! Just know that you are going to have to deal with a lot of the same things that run everyone who gets into the industry off in the first 6 months. Accept that you are going to have to really be on top of your game. Knowledge and professionalism is something that makes or breaks drivers. Learn all the stuff that the others do not care about.. run when you have hours and go wherever it is that they want to send you. It all pays the same.. and it pays. Good luck
Old 03-12-2019, 05:24 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1d3ham View Post
Thanks for the input. Im gonna check out some private schools.
There's a couple dozen companies that will hire you after you graduate from a cdl school.
There's a couple of trucking company schools that will accept you if you're in their hiring area.
Where is your location; at least which state do you live in?