User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2012, 03:56 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDarlin View Post
My rant is when you're pulling up to back in and some smart ass pulls into the spot before you can back up. That's why I avoid the big chain stops whenever possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunker
Jeez, how far are you pulling up?
Doesn't matter when you've got someone like a PANTHER II straight truck that simply noses in behind you. I've had that happen a couple of times. Last time it happened, I started backing into the hole, and you should have seen him jump out of his truck to try to stop me. Told him that next time, I wasn't going to stop. I'd push him right out of the parking lot into the swamp. Then, pulled out and parked in another hole.

I've also seen one of those little "expedite" trucks get hit in the side when he was trying for the hole the truck was backing into. Bad news to try to sneak in on the driver's blind side. Knocked him into the fender and steer of a parked truck, and with all the drivers that saw it, it looked like he was going to get lynched.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I'm glad I'm not pissing any of you off, but don't let me find any of you parked in my reserved fuel island parking spot
Old 08-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Board Icon

If I don't have a truck on either side of me, I can't park straight to save my life. Same way in my car, if I pull into a parking lot that is empty I'm going to be all kinds of crooked. Ask me to thread the needle between some crooked trucks and I can do it one shot though.

I watched a lady try to back into a tire shop the other day, it's not an easy back in a semi at all on the narrow city street plus the parking lot out front is always packed with cars so you have to be careful cutting it short. She was in a daycab which should have made it real easy and a 45-48ft trailer but it took about 10 minutes to get in there with a spotter and some help. Instead of giggling and then complaining about it like you might do I went over and gave her some help. Told her to stop her current try, pull down the street an extra 30 or so feet and put the left rear of the trailer darn near touching the SUV in the parking lot as she backed in. Also told her to put her window down and actually stick her head out to get a better view than to keep leaning forward to look out the mirror. She then got hung as the left front drive came off the ground, told her to either lock the rears in if she could or pull back forward a hair then give it some more throttle to get over the dip.

If you see someone having some trouble offer to help instead of coming here to whine about it. Too many rookies are out there that simply aren't ready to be out there on their own. I've seen rookies who flat out confessed that they could not back and their company was ok with it because they would make sure they never had to back in..............yet here they were having to do a back in.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Board Icon

And add-on to yesterday's thought: Have you been to a local mall lately, or any shopping center with a parking area for that matter? If not then you should go check out some of the parking jobs that go on. I don't know how many times I've gone to pull into a spot only to realize the reason that it was left open is because 1 or both cars are on the line or cocked all funny in their spot when they may sideswipe you leaving. I just give a cackle knowing that I am better than they are at parking for the most part and move on down the line. It's not limited to truckers bud. It's a society thing so you might as well get used to it instead of letting your BP go thru the roof over something like this.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
Doesn't matter when you've got someone like a PANTHER II straight truck that simply noses in behind you. I've had that happen a couple of times. Last time it happened, I started backing into the hole, and you should have seen him jump out of his truck to try to stop me. Told him that next time, I wasn't going to stop. I'd push him right out of the parking lot into the swamp. Then, pulled out and parked in another hole.

I've also seen one of those little "expedite" trucks get hit in the side when he was trying for the hole the truck was backing into. Bad news to try to sneak in on the driver's blind side. Knocked him into the fender and steer of a parked truck, and with all the drivers that saw it, it looked like he was going to get lynched.
heh, i've done that more than once. if i swing, angle, and throw my flashers on, thats not your que to block me. so far they always get out of my way
Old 08-11-2012, 06:48 PM

Bwahahahahaha I love some of the comments! First off I dont get upset when truck drivers cant park straight in a hole, its just annoying thats all. Hell I expect it too with all the rookies out there, after all I am very entertained sitting in my cab watching rookies back in.

Milkman, I am glad you think Im an idiot, why with 18 years experience I guess your a better driver than me, and everyone is entitled to there opinion. Some feel the need to lash out at others usually because of jealousy or an inferiority complex, whichever your case is my friend I wish you well in your driving career.

Firebird, I have to be honest here, Yes I am one of the drivers who occasionally will give someone crap about there backing abilities if they are so bad they are going to hit another truck. But usually I mind my business and just laugh at there expense.

The night before last I stopped at the 201 exit on I-75 at the Flying -J in Georgia and found a spot to back in to, the only problem was the idiots that parked outside of spaces making there own spots at the end of a row and partially blocking my path in to the spot, but being the pro that I am, I still managed to get her in in one shot, a little crooked, but I did it and straightened out and got a good nights sleep.

Leaving a stop the other day at 5:00 am in the morning I find a truck parked in the street blocking me from exiting the plant. I did try my best to get out but my trailer was going to fall in a ditch, so I had no choice but to blow the air horns to wake up the jerk and get him to move. After the third time with the horns, he woke up and gave me the look, you know the one Im talking about and started bitchen to me on the cb for waken him up! I was like dude You cant park there in the first place! Its blocking the gate and exit to the plant what were you thinking? He shut right up and moved.

Here is another good one, I am pulling in to the TA truck stop in Nashville in downtown and a trucker is coming out the same entrance I am going in! I had to slam on the brakes, forcing my load to whip lash me good, I did not even say anything and he starts yelling at me for almost hitting him! I said you realize that YOU are coming out the wrong side, this is the entrance, his answer was he did not want to hit the last truck at the end of the line in the parking lot, translation is he was too lazy to turn his truck sharply to go out the exit, then threatened to come back and kick my butt! I was like bring it dude, I am on the scale waiting for you, he never did come back, I guess he was just another cb rambo. the things we have to put up with out there.
Just an old school trucker, these kids today don't know how good they have it! Power steering, a/c, air ride cabs and trailers, air ride seats! I did not have any of these things when I started driving.
Drive an old Mack, White or GMC then tell me how good a driver you are!issedoff: :bow::lol2: Don't even get me started on backing in to a dock!ops:

Instigator!~
Old 08-11-2012, 11:23 PM
Board Icon

I always had to park just so.... or I'd have trouble sleeping, and have to get up and fix it.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:41 AM
Senior Board Member

you a car shark or something ,every comment has something to do with car sales
Old 08-17-2012, 08:38 AM
Senior Board Member

Nothing like a little spam in the morning
Old 08-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Senior Board Member

It's not really about skills, or experience.. It's about ignorance, and disrespect for everybody else, but himself....